2 x OP-1 > 1 output

Friend has an op too, gonna have a jam tomoro. He has no mixer etc tho and I don’t want to take a load of stuff with me. Thinking easiest setup would be his op-1 in to my op-1 in to his speakers.
From memory I can monitor external input from all op-1 pages/engines right? Drum/synth/tape? I’ll test it out tonight but just wondering if anyone has set this up before and found it OK for loose jam?

i would not recommend it. It’s frustrating. The internal levels are quite wonky, they aren’t the same in tape mode and synth mode for example. You’ll end up either messing with volume settings and therefore have mixing level issues since it’s affecting both or getting a digitally distorted
sound not in a good way.

I’d recommend you a belkin rockstar passive mixer or something similar. It’s about 10 euros and always useful. They are everywhere these days. Plus it’s also a splitter so you could use a second or third speaker
The passive nature will make you lose gain but on a portable setup with mobile speaker it Never bothered me.

i would not recommend it. It's frustrating. The internal levels are quite wonky, they aren't the same in tape mode and synth mode for example. You'll end up either messing with volume settings and therefore have mixing level issues since it's affecting both or getting a digitally distorted sound not in a good way.

I’d recommend you a belkin rockstar passive mixer or something similar. It’s about 10 euros and always useful. They are everywhere these days. Plus it’s also a splitter so you could use a second or third speaker
The passive nature will make you lose gain but on a portable setup with mobile speaker it Never bothered me.

Thanks for the heads up. Sounds like it would be a hassle. I’ll disconnect and take my small mixer for the jam and look in to to a cheap little mixer like you mention for future. Cheers