Accidentally hitting drop (d'oh)

Hey pals.

Anyone else great stung by this?

The only safety I can think of is to be selected on the track with the most repetition… But still if you hit drop, you’re kinda screwed, haha.

Or lifting something before you drop the previous lift losing it forever. OP definitely requires a different mindset.

Or lifting something before you drop the previous lift losing it forever. OP definitely requires a different mindset.

The thing is… I actually like not having more than one undo (lift and drop the section you’re about to record over, and it will be saved in the buffer to drop again)… It keeps me on my toes… Makes me care more and think more about what I’m doing. It might be good to have something in place to avoid these accidental drops / lifts, though… Ie. Like a lock function ie. Or like you need to double tap the button if it’s in safety mode. An optional setting.

^ yea i was gunna say learning to go with it and figure out a way to make it work when shit like this happens.

i remember one time awhile back showing a friend my op1, let him play around w/ it. figured it was harmless.
w/o knowing what he was doing he starts cutting, lifting and dropping random pieces of tape on the project i was working on.

at first i was kinda pissed, but i just made it work and it turned out just fine.

destroy and rebuild man

op-1 its like a real instrument, If you screw it, there is no “undo”. The only thing you could do it’s to convert a mistake into a “feature”. And that happened to me a couple of times…

In this track for instance, the Chords are a mistaken “drop” of a 4 track section into the sampler synth…
First it was oh shit!.. then when I played chords with that was ohhh, yeah!.
https://soundcloud.com/the-grateful-nerd/bizzclap

destroy and rebuild man

yes yes.

destroy and rebuild man

yes yes.

Indeed. OP1 is weird, I make more but throw most of it away.

That Lock idea is great ,as it would be simpler (than a dedicated undo) to include in an update.
Lock record and lift/drop.
- I often like to let people play mine and they often mash the tape.

That Lock idea is great ,as it would be simpler (than a dedicated undo) to include in an update.
Lock record and lift/drop.
- I often like to let people play mine and they often mash the tape.

Haha, yeah… It’s risky :slight_smile:

I regularly backup and wipe my tape. I like the feeling of a clean slate.

I guess it would be cool, there’s no shift+drop function, so that could be it…? Dreaming anyways, cause I doubt they’ll Implement it.

Yeah -shift&drop.

Well, there’s 2 votes :slight_smile:

Now we play “the waiting game”…

Or hungry hungry hippos.

Haha :smiley: