Any way to lock a preset to a track in tape mode?

Hi Guys,

Been trying to make some tunes and one thing that makes the process a little annoying is not being able to go back to a preset to tweak it. For example, on track one I got a pad, on track two I would have changed the synth to a lead. However, later if I want to go back to the pad and make some tweaks, I can’t as it was changed to the lead. Any way to lock a preset to a track? Is the snapshot method the only way? Cheers!

Press lift in synth mode then drop on a blank stretch of tape.

You can also hold 1-8 & lift, then drop to 1-8

Thanks but with the 2nd method, I ran into a storage problem. I was able to save a snap shot but after a while, I ran into a limit. Is there any chance of deleting a snapshot without a computer? Thanks

Don’t think there is - unless it’s possible with a ravpower file hub and app on iOS or Android (? I’ve only saved snapshots this way- not deleted).
But with that 2nd method I may of miss printed. It’s hold lift, then 1-8 and this method bypasses snapshots, no need to save. Then drop and a different user 1-8. So copying synths to different numbers on the 1-8 slots.

@Spheric_El said:
Don’t think there is - unless it’s possible with a ravpower file hub and app on iOS or Android (? I’ve only saved snapshots this way- not deleted).
But with that 2nd method I may of miss printed. It’s hold lift, then 1-8 and this method bypasses snapshots, no need to save. Then drop and a different user 1-8. So copying synths to different numbers on the 1-8 slots.

Hmm I tried that and it still wants to save. So hold lift and a button from 1 -8 and a small circle going clockwise will appear saying saved ya?

Ah no sorry , I remember now -it’s simply lift when in synth mode! (My bad), then select a different slot 1-8 and press drop.

@Spheric_El said:
Ah no sorry , I remember now -it’s simply lift when in synth mode! (My bad), then select a different slot 1-8 and press drop.

Thanks heaps man! I managed to get some presets saved for numbers 2 - 8 but for some reason number 1 can’t be changed. For example, if I set a preset for no. 3, no. 1 will also use that preset. At least things are getting a lot more easier to understand!

Good stuff :slight_smile: