Anyone heard of the new standalone MPC Live & MPCX?

Nice the Live has 4 outs!

Six!!! singing and dancing

Probably setting myself up for some disappointment GAS. You know the type…

Hey, how much would the Live be in your opinion ?
$800 ?

Hey, how much would the Live be in your opinion ? $800 ?

How much was the last standalone MPC of this form factor? It’ll be less than the Toraiz/Toriaz/Topaz/Tornadorat/Whatever, most likely

One would hope so anyways

It will be mine.

What is the song arrangement workflow like on the MPC Touch?

I have seen people doing short loops etc and I am sure it excels there.
but how about making the base of a full track on the device?

What is the song arrangement workflow like on the MPC Touch?
I have seen people doing short loops etc and I am sure it excels there.
but how about making the base of a full track on the device?

Seems very fluid/well rounded for a standalone piece of gear. OS seems to be somewhere between Toraiz and something like Beatmaker2 on ipad. Not sure if it has an arrangement page like Beatmaker where you can move song sections/patterns/tracks around etc. Would make sense tho… Really interested in the new MPC. Seems like a box I could put my main focus in to and sell a bunch of other stuff whilst getting more done thanks to off the cuff sofa sessions due to the battery portability and 100% daw integration… Hopefully more info/release date pretty soon…

Looks like the MPCX is official :slight_smile: found this on the Akai MPC users United, on FB.
BIIIIIIG

Since InMusic aquired AKAI it’s like …meh…

I was waiting to be super intrigued by the MPCs, but I am feeling a little torn now that I know the details. I have always wanted an MPC (1000 or 500). But these new ones look pretty much like the MPC non-standalones with a built-in computer/tablet like thing. I haven’t researched MPC history too much – but to me the “classic sound” of the MPC 60 was a result of limited resources for sampling at the time. In the slow progression to an MPC interface attached to a computer, did they lose that “classic sound” or are they now just applying some algorithms to emulate 12-bit sampling? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

With the popularity of modular these days the smaller model should’ve had CV and Gate out too.

Congrats to Akai though for FINALLY releasing some new standalone MPC’s!

Dam, I have spent all this time talking myself (and the wife) into an OP-1 and this had to happen. Always wanted an MPC. These look sick, can’t imagine them together.

Dam, I have spent all this time talking myself (and the wife) into an OP-1 and this had to happen. Always wanted an MPC. These look sick, can't imagine them together.

I’ll let you know!

Anyone know what length of samples these can handle? Have read it on any threads I’ve read yet.

Are there any touch mpc users in here?

Does anyone use there’s for non hiphop or dance stuff? Would the workflow be suitable for say Boards of Canada type stuff or similar. IE long passages Of keyboard samples with your beat making arranged around it.

^samplers are suited for whatever sounds you put in them…

also i thought i read something about handicaps when u are going standalone as opposed to plugged into the computer.
like track limits or something.

i do like standalone mpcs again but i’ll always wait and see w/ akai. all they’ve really done is post some basic specs so far.

can’t believe how big these things are either. the live is quite a bit bigger than an elektron box for comparison.
thats pretty big to me kinda puts a damper on the portability thing.

^ I guess I was more getting at how long the samples it could handle than its suitably for a type of genre. As in are they just suited to small sample loops and one shots. Poorly phrased by me.

any word on whether these units can re-sample their own output?

I’d assume so when offline, as it’s a pretty staple feature of the MPCs now… but whilst the sequencer is running?

or is that domain left solely to the octatrack… ?

definitely very interested in these - i love my 1000 but i could be convinced to update…

Live is possibly the box I’ve been waiting for last couple of years. Getting cash together in prep of full reviews/decent videos…

Here are some pics that I found on Elektronauts (credits : @Mokomo)
sizesx sizesop1 sizes

hey nice! thats some good size comparison

https://youtu.be/JnbEznpLiLs