Anyone know a good freeware loop slicer for Op1

Sliced some samples in my DAW and made some drum kits for the op1.
I was slicing melodic stuff recorded off vinyl. Was nice to have great chops to play with on op1. Only real option I see out there for dedicated sample slicing is PH Recycle 2.2 for $99.

Anyone know of any others, freeware or at least a bit cheaper?

BeatCleaver

BeatCleaver

That does look nice thanks!

If I remember correctly, Logic Pro had a slice region shortcut with the option key involved. But it is some years since I used it. Maybe Reaper can do it (because it can do so much) but I am new to Reaper . Just a suggestion.

Sliced some samples in my DAW and made some drum kits for the op1. I was slicing melodic stuff recorded off vinyl. Was nice to have great chops to play with on op1. Only real option I see out there for dedicated sample slicing is PH Recycle 2.2 for $99.

How does the slicing transfer to op1?

If I remember correctly, Logic Pro had a slice region shortcut with the option key involved. But it is some years since I used it. Maybe Reaper can do it (because it can do so much) but I am new to Reaper . Just a suggestion.

Thanks, I want to just use a dedicated program though, fast and to the point. Maybe Recycle is actually my best option or the above BeatCleaver

Sliced some samples in my DAW and made some drum kits for the op1. I was slicing melodic stuff recorded off vinyl. Was nice to have great chops to play with on op1. Only real option I see out there for dedicated sample slicing is PH Recycle 2.2 for $99.

I made sure the loop was under 12 seconds then use the OP1 drum kit creator VST and copy the slices into that then click create drum kit.
Since the OP1 can hold 100 user kits its a pretty cool way to load the OP1 up with chops from my sample library. Also good for getting click free chops as I have trouble removing the clicks when slicing the samples up on the OP1 itself

I made sure the loop was under 12 seconds then use the OP1 drum kit creator VST and copy the slices into that then click create drum kit.
Since the OP1 can hold 100 user kits its a pretty cool way to load the OP1 up with chops from my sample library. Also good for getting click free chops as I have trouble removing the clicks when slicing the samples up on the OP1 itself

I’d imagine it would be pretty fast in ableton… Just slice, then right click to show in finder? I think you could do this with the intro version… Not sure, Maybe I’m missing some function that you need.

I’d imagine it would be pretty fast in ableton… Just slice, then right click to show in finder? I think you could do this with the intro version… Not sure, Maybe I’m missing some function that you need.

Yeah I also have Ableton but I prefer a dedicated slicing program, I used to own recycle years ago and it was just so fluid to slice with, also dedicated slicers have great little things like micro fade outs at the end of slices to stop pops

even tho its made for creating programs on your mpc.

mpcmaid has a slicer built in. its free.

Coollll. Does beat cleaver / mpc maid work on Mac?

MPC maid does

even tho its made for creating programs on your mpc.
mpcmaid has a slicer built in. its free.
Thanks, this is great. I forgot about this one.. use to use it with my MPC many moons ago

Both do :slight_smile:

Wait, 100 kits… Really!?

Both do :slight_smile:

Great!

Wait, 100 kits… Really!?

no i was wrong :frowning:

It’s actually 100 Synth presets…

“<span style=“background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-style: inherit; font-weight: inherit; color: rgb(37, 38, 30); font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;”>The OP-1 can store the following:
<div style=“margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 13px; font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(37, 38, 30); background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”>

Max Synth Sampler patches = 42

<div style=“margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 13px; font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(37, 38, 30); background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”>

Max Synth Synthesis patches = 100

Max Drum Patches = 42”

But 42 is still pretty nice… 30 sample chops, 10 drumkits, and 2 free to save snapshots.

Wouldn’t mind testing this because its actually quite hard to find an official kit limit number

Ah I see @mireko

Dang, I thought I somehow had the wrong information. 100 would be grande. Do you think the 42 includes the factory presets?

Damn, I thought these were freeware… Beat cleaver is like $79…

Oh wellz, trying out MPC Maid now :slight_smile: