Anyone know this patch!?!?!?

First note sound very ‘backwards piano’ sample. Poss with some mod stuff going on too.

First note sound very 'backwards piano' sample. Poss with some mod stuff going on too. Only listened quick on shitty phone speaker tho.

Thanks for heads up on the reface demos. Keep forgetting about those units…

I got a note back from Gattobus, Gianni Proietti, today. Great guy! He said this about the sound we are all curious about:

"Concerning the OP-1 sound in my video, I used the FM engine and for the “reverse” effect I used a ramp LFO modulating the amplitude. I also used nitro FX as a LP filter to cut down high frequencies, opening them little by little when playing."

Hope this helps everyone. I never wanted to copy his sound/patch, but knowing how to start should be an interesting discovery process and I look forward to what I find!

Dude! Thanks so much. That is very lovely of him to share some info. Thanks again @flyingace71

To infinity and beyond.

I think @Spheric_El wins the prize here

Agreed.

I’m sorry but can someone explain what he means By “Ramp LFO modulating the amplitude” is he talking about the tremolo LFO? Modulating the volume? If Anyone knows a good op-1 LFO guide please share :slight_smile: I tried searching the forum and webs, but unfortunately came up short

Ramp LFO means choosing a “ramp” shaped waveform for the Tremelo LFO, either the Saw shape or the “blip” shape (that’s what TE calls it in the manual section 15.4)