Are you running 218 or 225 (or anything else) ?

Hey operators !

I was wondering about the last firmware version (225) as I’m currently running on the “old” 218.

I remember some people here had issues with update 225, and some others who said “No, I stay on 218, it runs fine !” (like me).

Few months later, are you still on the 218 ?

V

Yep, still on 218. See no need to update.

I updated. No problems but don’t really see much difference (other than cosmetic) besides a few presets.

updated to 225, no regrets.

I’m still on 218, I think

I updated. No problems but don't really see much difference (other than cosmetic) besides a few presets.

I wasn’t aware that there was any discernible difference between 218 and 225, is there a changelog somewhere?

Mostly bug fixes I guess ? Didn’t see a change log anywhere too…

I updated. No problems but don't really see much difference (other than cosmetic) besides a few presets.

I wasn’t aware that there was any discernible difference between 218 and 225, is there a changelog somewhere?

Isn’t 218 the one with the stub UI for Voltage? If not, then I had a previous version.

@anomalous the simple dial UI was the beta. 218 is an official release.

Oh, I went from beta to 225 then. That explains my confusion.

Is that hidden effect specific to the 225 firmware? Because it’s cool as hell and I’d definitely want to be on the version needed.

218 here, probably until either a new engine or effect is included.

Oh, I went from beta to 225 then. That explains my confusion.

Is that hidden effect specific to the 225 firmware? Because it's cool as hell and I'd definitely want to be on the version needed.

You mean the filter? No, that’s in 218 too if you use the right patch.

Using a patch someone shared in another thread I made some sampled drum patches with the hidden Filter. They’re up on OP1.fun right now if you’re interested. It’s on the patches BOOMBAP_F1 and BOOMBAP_F2 but the whole pack is decent, just simple kits and sounds.

So what’s so good about that filter? Nitro is already doing filtery things.

Which filter are you talking about @ghostly606 ?

Key points I like are that it’s more straightforward than Nitro, simpler to get the results I want on drum sounds.
Between the alternate filter and the drum envelope controls I can quickly find the sweet spot between crispy clarity and beefy fullness (sorry for all the food jargon, it’s getting close to dinner time here).

It’s not that it’s a better filter necessarily, just simpler in my opinion.

@ghostly606 ah cool. I’m not sure how I missed the boat on that one. I literally just learned about it a few days ago.

@3sleeves cool, I’ll have to check that out. was hoping someone had done it for drums.

@ludicrouSpeed it’s multimode, so you can allpass and notch. plus the drive is a good exciter. it’s basically what I want from punch and nitro, but in one effect, and imo cleaner.

now I’m craving an LFO sequencer (sketch lfo?), to automate filter mode changes~

Key points I like are that it's more straightforward than Nitro, simpler to get the results I want on drum sounds.
Between the alternate filter and the drum envelope controls I can quickly find the sweet spot between crispy clarity and beefy fullness (sorry for all the food jargon, it's getting close to dinner time here).

It's not that it's a better filter necessarily, just simpler in my opinion.

Now I’m hungry too.

Breakfast time here, haha.
@ghostly606 ah cool. I'm not sure how I missed the boat on that one. I literally just learned about it a few days ago.

@3sleeves cool, I'll have to check that out. was hoping someone had done it for drums.

@ludicrouSpeed it's multimode, so you can allpass and notch. plus the drive is a good exciter. it's basically what I want from punch and nitro, but in one effect, and imo cleaner.

now I'm craving an LFO sequencer (sketch lfo?), to automate filter mode changes~

Oooh! Ok, you got me!

What you mean by allpass? I should know this…

Drive as opposed to the resonance of nitro? Sounds great!

It would be really great if you could apply sketch to lfo… Hmmm, doesn’t actually seem like a stretch…