battle 36 - voting

-------------------------------- Thanks portion --------------------------------

@LyingDalai Thx a lot for you com and your vote, I enjoy that you like this little track !
I think we all deserves some gear, but yes, I've not enough gear you're right :P, I need more !

Thanks for the vote @motone ! Sure, that's a crazy track :) Hope to see you participate in the next battle !

@Samurai1v_v7Black$ Thank you very much for your com buddy, I really appreciate. That's a freestyle recorded track, it takes me many tries to put it on the vinyl ^^. dooodooobrown !

@Kosmonaut_Bill Crazy crazy ! Yes yiou're right, that's probably cause I went crazy when recording this track ^^, I ended up having a tinnitus of Michael Jackson in my ears !

@aeoner Thank you for your comment, I'm glad you like it :).
The crash is sampled from "Off the Wall" yes, I've just pumped it up a bit, it was originally too light for my taste :)

@Metske I really like your "Like the way it didn't stick to the norm at all" comment, thank you very much.
And I agree about Oizo, in the meaning that
this track is "cutted with an ax" ^^. Yes for your bass patch ! TY

@Spheric_El Ahh shame for me then ;), and I totally agree, competition was high, tracks are awesome.
I always wanted to scratch some vinyls, but I haven't got any turntable, so I do with what I can. I really love your vision of ripping up NY ! :
I would like to make videos, but haven't got any cam too :D

-------------------------------- Thanks portion --------------------------------

Missed, how can I delete this ?

After further listening my vote goes to @Metske
Great idea about using D’n’B for this clash. You should send this track out to people. I’m sure it would be spun and enjoyed by DJ’s and listeners around the globe.

PS. I’d love that subby bass patch also so please share.

HI All!
Thx for the great music and the elaborated feedback :wink:

@Ghostly606. The bass and the Chords are the digital synth, the rest of extra “latin” samples are from 2 or 3 internal kits

My vote goes to @Metske

all the best!

@HisMostDarxxxellent - hope you didn’t have to remove too much detail. enjoying reading your write ups, (as well as the other contributors). next time you could break out your feedback into multiple posts maybe.

since you committed so much to your comments, i will leave the vote open for a tiny bit longer so you can return and provide your input…but please do so soon.

so far it’s very close after doing a cursory tally, which is a tribute to how great the entries are.

maybe i’ll leave voting open for roughly another 12 hours?

Hey @kln I’m sorry but I completely missed this post. Thanks for your patience. You’re absolutely right, the superb comments mirror the level of the battle. It’s as diverse as it is inspiring and what a great guy you are offering a winner something. It reminds me of the ‘pay for the car behind’ in the McDonalds drive through. When that caught the news last year I think a total of twelve cars were reported to have had their MaccyD’s payed for by the car in front. :slight_smile:

congrats @Metske looks like you’ve come out on top! well deserved. I’ll contact you via DM for info, etc

looking forward to whatever rules you can concoct for the next go around!

thanks again to everyone who participated!

Wow! Thank you very much for voting me! Very much appreciated :) And big up to @kln for offering a prize. Very generous of you! This is the first time I have ever won a competition :)

I have had a few ideas that I think will be great for the next battle. Will be posting up the compiled rules at some point tonight.

Also had a look for the bass patch I made for the battle but I think I forgot to save it. Had a go at recreating it earlier and got some that were pretty close and subby. Will make a bunch of bass patches for the FM engine and share the zip with everyone.

Thanks again everyone, was a great battle!! Looking forward to what comes next.....

Congrats to @Metske, a worthy winner and thanks again to @kln for a great battle.

Further thanks to all for the feedback, much appreciated. As I stated in the original battle post I don't normally listen to or make this sort of music (hip hop) and it never really occurred to me to follow my own style for this battle, as @HisMostDarxxxellent explicitly pointed out and others alluded to. Next time! :D