Battle 39 Voting

Haha , l like it ,vote for three.
I had a bit if that going on.

@LyingDalai’s tune reminds me of Boards of Canada.
I must say the only thing that swayed my choice in first place for that tune was the drop in volume of the riff ,at the climax ,after the final build.
It was nice to hear and understand,and good insight in the process of having to ride the volume.Very tricky to get right and seems its been a informative creative experience for you LD.
Twas a nice tune.

@LyingDalai's tune reminds me of Boards of Canada. I must say the only thing that swayed my choice in first place for that tune was the drop in volume of the riff ,at the climax ,after the final build. It was nice to hear and understand,and good insight in the process of having to ride the volume.Very tricky to get right and seems its been a informative creative experience for you LD. Twas a nice tune.

Yeah, BoC was on my mind once I first crafted this sound :slight_smile:

And I get what you mean with the drop. In fact, the main sound was doubled for stereo effect, and just got centered, then I dropped it to leave some space to my daughter singing some Bobby Lapointe.
When I listen to the whole thing again, I feel like the ending works. But you’re right, the part before might need some rework…
Anyway, I’m rather glad with my track and what I learned creating it.

Cool stuff .Jus thought I’d give a little extra feedback on that one ,of my thoughts as you’d had revealed some of your stages ,which was interesting.

You’re right, there’s some BoC texture here. But the melody reminds me something else that I can’t point out :slight_smile:

Damn, @edzilla @kln and @lefilou have 3 votes each if i’m not mistaken !

@quarantequatre - I have 4 votes it appears

Less, Eti, Spheric_El & Lefilou

Cool stuff .Jus thought I'd give a little extra feedback on that one ,of my thoughts as you'd had revealed some of your stages ,which was interesting.
Of course, and thx for the feedback, friend !
@quarantequatre - I have 4 votes it appears

Less, Eti, Spheric_El & Lefilou

You’re right I’m sorry @kln ! Just missed @Less one

So @kln you’re the winner ! Congratulations :slight_smile:

Horah.
Congrats.Not before time with so many consistent entries, time and again.
Without doubt the most consistent high grade veteran in my time viewing.
Well done.

Congratulations @kln !

If I may : please try to come up with the next rules before Thursday, if possible.
I’ll leave in holidays and I guess I’ll find the time to isolate myself once in a while :wink:

Bravo bravo @kln !!

thanks for the feedback and votes everyone! competition was high grade, and i’m honored to have won considering some of the other tunes and talent. not sure it was reflected in my comments above, but you guys who entered are top notch, to say the least!

@Spheric_El - high praise…you are too kind. and it’s odd to me to be called a veteran, as i feel like i still have so much to learn! i absolutely adore my OP-1, and feel like i’m just coming to terms with it, when i find a whole new avenue to venture down. it’s cute to read the posts from new users who “aren’t sure” about their new purchases, adjusting from DAWs or computers…as i wasn’t sure about it for the first year of ownership, where i played with a sample or drum kit here and there. Battles have really driven me to make music and explore my creativity with extreme vigor. especially for a human, like me, with limited time to extend to my music. such ambitions (not commercial ambitions, just as a creative outlet and for others to hopefully enjoy) with such little time…the OP-1 gives me that extension, and the battles gives me those principles to work towards. i f’n love it. and I am continually inspired by veterans like @Lymtronics, @Yoof @Cuckoo, and @mixrasta.

@LyingDalai - working on new rules now. just taking a few to compose so they make sense. i’m hoping for #40 folks are pleased with my rule set.

Hehe @kln I second @Spheric_El : I consider you as a veteran as well, no doubt.

Wonder if you’re not the one that has the most entries, from the time I’ve pushed the door of this place… For me you’ve always been there :smiley:
Your style is very consistent from one Battle to another, groovy and very well produced !

I like what you say about OP-1 being the tool for achieving your creative ambitions, my feelings are similar.

Cheers mate ! Looking forward to your brief !
:smiley:

I feel honoured being called a veteran here… : ) If possible I try to participate in the next or any battle, because only Battlers know, what an OP-1 is capable of !!! @Kln