Battle 41 Beta OS Voting

Nice submissions everyone.

@Callofthevoid: Crazy stuff. Too bad, I’m not in the noisy mood atm.

@marius: one of my favourite submissions. Nice mellow touch. Could use a bit more stereo…

@yoof: Awesome sounds and mixing. One of my favs…

@Edzilla: Interesting arrangement. But a bit too noisy for me. I really like the end part.

@quarantequatre: Yeah, really 80’s. Well done, fantastic end part. Added to favourites.

@aeoner: Nice mellow mood. Cool track.

@mixrasta: Well, it’s a genuine mixrasta track. Funky stuff!

My vote goes to @yoof.

I quite enjoyed that first tune by Dolphin Sex Pest (Que?), but it was Quarantequatre’s tune that was the winner for me!

Okay. More Detail.

<span style=“color: rgb(37, 38, 30); font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 14.3px; line-height: 20.02px; background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”>@Callofthevoid - What I liked about the Dolphin Sex Pest (Hm.) track “Beta Bayta” was it’s detail. It’s like an early Art of Noise, like “A Call To War”.
<span style=“color: rgb(37, 38, 30); font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 14.3px; line-height: 20.02px; background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”>
@marius - I enjoyed this track. Only thing, it was bit short, and a bit mono.

@yoof - Excellent stereo production- I like it! In fact I like it on SoundCloud. I just feel it doesn’t go anywhere after the initial tune- which, by the way, is great.

@EdZilla - Not sure about the beginning, it sounds a bit messy, but from 1:20 sounds like you’re sorting stuff out, and from 2:23 it sounds like you’ve got it sorted, and then the track comes alive! From then, it becomes quite an enjoyable track.

@Quarantequatre This is was, almost from the start (Pace Dolphin Sex Pest (I’m still not getting that as band name). ), my favourite track, right from the second I heard the double tracked arpeggio synth line. This is everything I’d expect from a good competition. Even before that mad tempo change at around 3:00. And that tempo change: it worked, and how cool was that?

@CallofTheVoid - Here’s the stereo version of The Art Of Noise “A Call To War

@CallofTheVoid - Here's the stereo version of The Art Of Noise "A Call To War"

Thanks a lot for your votes and good words!

@eti. I did not save my presets. I was planning to, but forgot it. Sorry.

@quarantequatre. Yes, the sample is my kid singing :slight_smile:

@motone and @opalfyre. Thanks a lot for mentioning stereo! How to use the stereo field has been a total mystery to me. But it seems its time to try to understand it now.

I dont understand how I can create a dynamic stereo field on the Op-1 while at the same time dealing with muting tracks, changing volume on tracks and moving the loops on the tape. There would be so much switching and fast fingering. Is it maybe just a skill that develops, just like using any other instrument?

A simple solution is to keep one track to the left, and another to the right, and the other two in the middle. But is that enough? Its not very dynamic and I always thought that would be just as boring as keeping everything in the middle so I didnt bother to do much of it…

Anybody have any tips on how to use stereo on Op-1?

This really was a great battle! All of them were tight.

<span style=“margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10pt; font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(37, 38, 30); line-height: 18.2px; background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”>
<span style=“margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10pt; font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(37, 38, 30); line-height: 18.2px; background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”> <a rel=“nofollow” href=“https://www.operator-1.com/index.php?p=/profile/quarantequatre” style=“margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10pt; font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; text-decoration: none; color: rgb(1, 115, 198); line-height: 18.2px; background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”><a href=“https://www.operator-1.com/index.php?p=/profile/quarantequatre” style=“margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 13px; font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; text-decoration: none; color: rgb(1, 115, 198); line-height: 18.2px; background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”>@quarantequatre is my pick, really great track.

@marius

Add more techniques there if you find them :wink:

Thanks a lot @yoof!

It’s toast-time!
I would like to thank you all, it’s always a pleasure to host the party and at least 6 came and me as the DJ…

’‘Tshikke tshikke tshumm, yeah yaw rock that shit, homie!’’

@Callofthevoid
Okay you wrote this song isn’t really finished, but it has a profound basis to layer some melody/ instruments over it. Then ! The compressed drums are banging!

@marius Very cosy production. I like it! Don’t worry to much about being mono. Most important is to get music done and it’s good!

@yoof What can I say, again several female customers were asking what’s playing and I gave them your soundcloud and mine as well ; )

@Edzilla Interesting stuff again. Like a journey finding your sound. And in the end everything’s fine! Great sounds!

@Quarantequatre Moon 44. Do you know this movie with the cucaracha scene? Cool electronic stuff here with a cinematic atmosphere. Nice work on the samples! Winner track!

@aeoner Nice use of the ARP. I should do more Arpeggiator stuff too! I love the seabirds! Very warm atmosphere and also very autobahnish : )

Seems like QQ received most of the votes closely followed by yoof and marius… but there can be only one…so…

congratulatore to Quarante le quatre ; )

Thank you everybody ! It was a great battle @mixrasta, and ty too I appreciate your review :).

I don’t know this movie, and so the cucaracha scene :D. Have you got a link of it ?

I’ve got to think about the battle 42 line up then :slight_smile:

Congrats @quarantequatre! Can’t wait for the new battle :slight_smile:

Nice one @quarantequatre great track :slight_smile:

Thank you very much mates :slight_smile:

hey what’s with the rush ?
Didn’t have time to vote for @quarantequatre as well !!

Congrats mate !

Merci my friend ! And just missed your post @Edzilla, thank you too !

Looks like I missed this vote, 'been off line.
Congrats @quarantequatre !

Thank you @Spheric_El :slight_smile:

Making the Battle 42 is a bit Long sorry operators, just a bit busy atm

Take your time : so am I :smiley: