Battle 43 - Battle for Unity! - Voting

I tagged the above united mix so that you can listen to it, find your favorite moment, and retrieve the operator :slight_smile:

Voting made easier :wink:

i vote for @borden. I really liked the track and it is in the same mood as the intro sample.

i like the united mix (bonus included), it really give the feeling of a collective work/play.
Iā€™m already waiting the next battle.

Some short comments :
@blabux : some nice sounds here.
@borden : you have my vote :wink:
@quarantequatre : crazy sounds, crazy synth, crazy track
@mrbernard : nice sounds, clean mix
@Frank_Lee : your priest looks real
@Edzilla : cool track and cool picture (AI ?) and really cool soundcloud
@Roborob : good use of the intro sample, cool track
@Motone : nice choice of sample, great track
@mixrasta : cool and positive vibes
@himrod : so much energy
@LyingDalai : one of my favorite track

@canar_batar < @Roborob
@borden < @quarantequatre, @canar_batar

Only 3 votes so far :frowning:
@himrod / @Konst I suggest we let the votes open for a week, until Sunday ! This way we have a chance to have a new brief for the holidaysā€¦
People please take the time to let a few words and your choice in this thread !

Thank you !!!

I count 4 votes:
@canar_batar: 1 (from Roborob)
@motone: 1 (from quarantequatre - thanks!:wink: )
@quarantequatre: 1 (from borden)
@borden: 1 (from canar_batar)

I couldnā€™t decide yet, all entries are awesome in their own way. Gotta listen some more times.

Oh so very sorry @Motone ! Seems I always miss something !

Plus I exchanged @bordenā€™s vote for my pal @44ā€¦
Damn, shouldnā€™t do this before coffeeā€¦
Thank you for your two corrections, friend.

And yes, I have trouble choosing as well ^^

voting for @quarantequatre

Thank you @borden, @LyingDalai & @Frank_Lee, youā€™re skylighters, you made my day !

Hey I havenā€™t voted yet :smiley:
I said ā€œnote that @quarantequatreā€¦ā€

Still, always happy to light your sky pal :smiley:

Lol ok, thatā€™s a misunderstanding then @LyingDalai !
ā€œPlus I exchanged @bordenā€™s vote for my pal @44ā€¦ā€ make me think you voted for me ^^

Oops no it was me figuring I had been messing with the countsā€¦ Could have been clearer I reckon ^^

A journey thru Synthesis:

The journey begins with @canar_batar's tack 'Union b43' . The trains shutters through dark tunnels. RichardDJames clocks the locomotive's engine with his Lowpassometer.
At around 2000m under the earth's surface the train abruptely stops finding himself in between a group of dwolves craving the mountain with their little dustbins.Good sounds with the swordfights @blabux.
But then a bigger being appears ( @borden ) and drills straight forward through the stone, almost machinery must this the be'es...until...again the Dalai's horns singing and @quarantequatre takes the initiative, sending a higher goodess to get the job done after the dwolves were knocking at her gate. She's dancing with detuned worms to manage this job. We're coming closer to the center of the big ball, the so called earth. It#s getting drastic!
We need a break from all the exhaustivities, someone is playing a tiny instrument and the pacmen having their digital lunchbreak. But we don't have any time to waste. Forward! Thanks for empowering the team @mrbernard
We are entering the foreroom of a temple from ancient times, behind the door you can hear the chaos. Someone calls the demons with his cellphones. Guess what? They don't pick up @Frank_Lee
@Edzilla's clearing up the scene. Swordfights again...a chase!
Robot @Roborob appears on the scene. Will he resist the storms of hell? A beam of light pulls him under water of a black lake. Nothing no more!
Silence...But wait, suddenly we are hearing discosounds. Down here? This must be the 80's, no it's House, but that started back then as well. ''Everybody is on the disco train''. It's getting closer to our destination by the help of @Motone.
First stop: lounge with me, a cigarette a glass of wine und weiter geht's!
Wait! Is this the goal? All the sweat and tears for a cheesy chillout? Probably not;
A gallery around the corner, an atrium and two cool Swingbands with synthesis:
Voila! Old friends to see: @Himrod and @LyingDalai are performing for the audience!

I t c a n' t g e t b e t t e r t h a n t h i s ! !

My beer for @quarantequatre

Absolutely staggering write up!! Haha.
A page turner (in a virtual way).
Thatā€™s a storm. We should stop calling it a battle and instead make it an adventure,a journey,everytime. -True Unity- Utterly brilliant @mixrasta ,I love that!

Thanks @Spheric_El, yeah, I didnā€™t really know how to value all the songs, so the best thing, I thought, was to take them as one piece. Most of the songs to be highly influenced by the Dalaiā€™s drone ; )

My vote goes to @motone . I really like the housey chord progression. A lot.

Close behind:

<a href=ā€œhttps://www.operator-1.com/index.php?p=/profile/bordenā€ style=ā€œmargin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 13px; font-family: ā€œlucida grandeā€, ā€œLucida Sans Unicodeā€, tahoma, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; text-decoration: none; color: rgb(66, 157, 168); background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);ā€>@borden<span style=ā€œcolor: rgb(37, 38, 30); font-family: ā€œlucida grandeā€, ā€œLucida Sans Unicodeā€, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);ā€> 's industrial track was a great listen
@Edzilla 's 4 minute journey of audio
@quarantequatre 's trippy unstable-pitch-but-I-dig-it song

<span style=ā€œfont-family: ā€œlucida grandeā€, ā€œLucida Sans Unicodeā€, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; color: rgb(37, 38, 30); background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);ā€>Thank you 1000x for this fantastic trip, @mixrasta !!

I so love being picked up by a story :slight_smile:
Like Iā€™ve been by several of the tracks, btw.

Mixing everything altogether was amazing, all these pieces of music telling their own story in one big flow, so cool.
Thank you @Konst for this brilliant idea !
@himrod I love your track, you would get my vote if I could send it to you :smiley:

My vote goes to @canar_batar because itā€™s just the perfect intro for this united track. I love the mood of it.
@quarantequatre you were very very close, your track was amazing, love the crazy rhythms, and the way you control your instrument.
@roborob youā€™re my third, I really dig your atmospheresā€¦

Very well done everyone, after @mixrastaā€™s tale my words seem so pale :smiley:

Let me set the counts (hope Iā€™m right this time) :

@canar_batar: 2 (from @Roborob, @LyingDalai)
@motone: 1 (from @quarantequatre )
@quarantequatre: 3 (from @borden, @Frank_Lee, @mixrasta)
@borden: 1 (from @canar_batar)

Please people hurry up with the votesā€¦
I would like to close this tomorrow morning, so that we have a chance to get a new brief before the holidaysā€¦

Soo difficult @LyingDalai,
I havenā€™t much online listening time,just grabbing wi fi when I can.I feel these need another listenā€¦

Same here. Just have to listen another round.

Btw @mixrasta I couldnā€™t listen to these track again the same without referencing your underworld adventure.
Your track is as the return to surface,to the sunshine,fresh air along a hot spring vent.Optimistic :slight_smile:

But it was the the (subterranean mobile) disco that saved the day for me.
@motone you always amaze me with your super tight production skills on this machine.Musicality and sensitivity to match.Well done fello.My vote for you.
Close 2nd to @Edzilla (great journey to earth centre) and @borden & @quarantequatre .Well done all entries.

@<a href=ā€œhttps://www.operator-1.com/index.php?p=/profile/567/LyingDalaiā€ class=ā€œUsernameā€ style=ā€œmargin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: bold; font-size: 15px; font-family: ā€œlucida grandeā€, ā€œLucida Sans Unicodeā€, tahoma, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; text-decoration: none; color: rgb(1, 115, 198); background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);ā€>LyingDalai<span style=ā€œcolor: rgb(37, 38, 30); font-family: ā€œlucida grandeā€, ā€œLucida Sans Unicodeā€, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);ā€> thank you! I really cant wait for the next battle, this track was after id had my op for 2 days, I feel like I learned so much from this battle and this forum since then! Its been a great way to connect with the instrument, and seeing what others achieved really inspired me too.

Yes, my track seems even very conservative in comparison to the rest. @Spheric_El, thank you.
And thanks to you @LyingDalai for appreciating my little epos!