Battle 46: I Like Your Style - Voting

Hi everybody,

i'm new to this OP1 wonderworld. Still figuring out my workflow with it. Amazing stuff here and

hard to vote for!

1. @Zach_Lambert - in the beginning i thought DJ Shadow. Than Portishead obvious.

2.@kln - got that retro feel reminded me of Jurassic 5 somehow

3.@lorddankmemeth - Love it. That has to be Nightmares on Wax inspired?

With @Servando i felt a Kraftwerk vibe even though less old.

@millbastard- this felt like a Burial Remix of a Radiohead song

Very inspiring Work from all of you. I hope i'll get there with the OP-1.

@lorddankmemeth - my guess is Washed Out, but admittedly I only know one song of his – Feel It All Around (aka the Portlandia theme)

As for BoC, they did once slow down an 80s song once and put extra instruments on it far before “vaporwave” was a thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p8rcAPPsvU
@lorddankmemeth - my guess is Washed Out, but admittedly I only know one song of his – Feel It All Around (aka the Portlandia theme)

As for BoC, they did once slow down an 80s song once and put extra instruments on it far before "vaporwave" was a thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p8rcAPPsvU

it is washed out I used to watch portlandia all the time, I heard feel it all around in the car one day and thought it had a cool sound and decide to try making something like it

My Votes:

@lorddankmemeth - This one was pretty simple, but it is really well produced and it puts me in a good mood. I love the electric-piano-ish sound and the acending trill part on every other down beat.
@gentlemanhog - Early depeche mode has a place near my heart, and you did a really good job on the production in general.
@Zach_Lambert - Basically what I liked about this one is: holy shit.

IMO all of the entries were of particularly high quality in this battle. It was hard to pick 3!

Reminder that voting ends at midnight ET tonight.

@schneider203 yesssss!!!, Kraftwerk it is.

My vote for Dj_KLN

Alright! Battle #46 is a wrap!

The polls are closed. Here are the results:

@Zach_Lambert: 9 + 1
@milbastard: 4 + 1
@lorddankmemeth: 5 + 1
@tiboDzi: 2
@gentlemanhog: 2 + 1
@Servando: 2 + 1
@kln: 8 + 1

It looks like @Zach_Lambart is our winner with his version of 'Strange Fruit.' Really awesome stuff everybody! Thanks for allowing me to host this one. I'm looking forward to the rule set that Zach comes up with for our next battle!

Wow! Thanks everybody for your votes and nice words! This means a lot to me and I’m so glad you liked “Strange Fruit”. I loved all entries in this battle and I’m happy to be a part of this awesome community full of creative minds!

I’m going to need some time to think about a new set of rules for the new battle. I have something in mind already but it needs to ripen a little bit in my head.

Cheers, brothers!

Congrats !
I never heard about the “strange fruit” song (here, in France). Inspiring story ! Tks
Last thing : my pastiche was “Crystal Castle” :wink:
See you all in the next battle.

Brilliant idea for rules @borden .
loved all the entries.
I would of voted for @gentlemanhog if I got here in time. It was quite cheeky.

Congrats @Zach_Lambart! Thanks for the rules @borden. I am looking forward to the next battle. :slight_smile: (And thanks for nice comments about my track.)

I know I am late is @TiboDzi style of Aphex Twin?

@canispeaktodave I love Aphex twin but it was “Crystal castle”, you can listen to these 2 songs : “untrust us” or “crimewave” to start. I hope you will like it !

Oh yes. Love Untrust Us! That’s got the cover art of the two guys hanging their heads. Not listened to that in ages.