Battle 47: A Linguistic Approach to ˈmjuzɪk

@millbastard : That’s insane, dude! Beautiful track and really nice vocals on that one.

So glad about the entries! Actually expected more noisy, unmusical tracks like mine. But you guys just rule!

@millbastard : That's insane, dude! Beautiful track and really nice vocals on that one.

So glad about the entries! Actually expected more noisy, unmusical tracks like mine. But you guys just rule!

Thanks man! Had fun with this one. I really liked how airy the PT sounded, it’s a different sort of tonality than I usually go for (usually cutting, bright, sawtoothy sounds) which was nice and refreshing

@millbastard What a crazy mood this track has :slight_smile: I like it. The sound effects are well arranged, I don’t find those an overkill. Congrat!
One thing has to be mentioned: according to the rules of this battle you shouldn’t have used your vocals for melodic parts (which was restricted to pink trombone only). Let me know if I’m wrong. However I don’t consider this an objection of being in race. Fortunately the host neither do it as I see :slight_smile:

@millbastard What a crazy mood this track has :) I like it. The sound effects are well arranged, I don't find those an overkill. Congrat!
One thing has to be mentioned: according to the rules of this battle you shouldn't have used your vocals for melodic parts (which was restricted to pink trombone only). Let me know if I'm wrong. However I don't consider this an objection of being in race. Fortunately the host neither do it as I see :)

I thought about this for a sec when I listened to the track. Then re-read the rules and found that my expression of rule Nr 1 does not really forbid to use any vocals because you could see vocals as another element apart of tonal stuff (synths and so on) and drums. In Short: I’m okay with that!

Oh snap, I hadn’t even thought of this! thanks @Zach_Lambert for letting it slide :smiley:

Thanks for the kind words @rudolphrapid

I just got my op1 on Thursday night, so I am still learning my way around it. And then I realized I only had one evening left to enter this competition, so I bashed this out in an hour. Hopefully it is short enough to not overstay its welcome.

Looking forward to listening to everyones tracks.

https://soundcloud.com/jonbro/tu-1

Welcome Jonbro !

Welcome @Jonbro! Glad you made it!

Is somebody still working on a track for this battle? Otherwise I would make a vote - thread now…?

Yepp, still working on my track. I try really hard to get it done tonight.

Sorry for being late again. Is it too late to join the competition? Anyway, here’s my track:

https://soundcloud.com/motone/the-drunken-raver

No, I’ll add it to the voting list! Thanks a lot motone!