Battle 52 - Voting thread

Nick Wade (Lescour1): I loved that really heavily distorted feel to the main section and how that contrasted with the relative calm of the ending. I also liked that thing you had going when stereo kept switching in on a particular part.

Million Bursts of Red: That sloppy timing thing was really cool, gave the track a really distinctive feel. I also loved the main theme of the song with the high pitched synth. Really well produced.

Servando - amazing sound design on yours, consistent high quality from you! Love that bass, those chiptune-like flourishes, the pads the drums, all dead good.

timebandit78: I loved the chopping in and out of the B-52's!

kln - fm one. I really liked this one. It's very easy to let it drift over you almost as if you haven't heard it. To me that's part of its strength. It's very calming, a bit like mine, hehe. Has a nice meditative feel to it, thumbs up.

Noah Muth - Etude no 2. This is the one! That noise at the beginning sounds so much like a sitar! it's super cool. For me, the sounds you've got going on in this track really engage me and pique my interest. I love it!

Rudpolph Rapid - Insomnia - very cool! Love those sinister, meandering high pitched synths. The track goes off in lots of exploratory directions, a bit like the mind when it's trying to fall to sleep.

dinraum - This is excellent. You completely got into the spirit of the battle with all the messing around with tape. I wanted to do something along the lines of your track but whatever attempts I made to do that didn't go quite to plan. The groove at the beginning is so catchy, makes me move.

I vote for Etude no 2.

Some of the ambient stuff on this battle has been really amazing. I'm so happy that the no tape markers rule had a part in teasing out all that brilliance. It's an interesting demonstration of how dramatically the limitations of a device can affect what people do with it.

Thanks for those that gave my track an honourable mention :)

I'll wrap up voting tomorrow, so get you're votes in soon!
Tough choice but the best track to me is durty finga drumming @ the pub The more I listen to it the more I like it because of the groove, sounds and.. well mainly those two, but isn't that all you need in a good track?

Other tracks that stood out to me where -fifteetoo: awesome melody and sample slices

-aluminous Garden: chill vibe, love it (and great title)

-organistrum-1: Also a very great chill vibe

-offthegr1d: the arrangement of this track is real good and I like the style

Cheers

Ooh, wow, a vote! That means so much to me, I was not expecting that, thankyou :smiley:

I never said that?! :slight_smile:

Hahah, it tagged you instead of @SebastianCrane not sure why, oops!

Tough choice but the best track to me is durty finga drumming @ the pub The more I listen to it the more I like it because of the groove, sounds and.. well mainly those two, but isn't that all you need in a good track?

Other tracks that stood out to me where -fifteetoo: awesome melody and sample slices

Cheers

Ooh, wow, a vote! That means so much to me, I was not expecting that, thankyou :smiley:

Haha no probs

voting for Etude no 2. - splendid track.

all other entries were really great, sincerely. it took me a bit longer to come to a decision than other times.

amazingly innovative rule set that continued to push me outside of my conventional usage patterns. special thanks @yoof & @quarantequatre

always something to learn from participating, especially when it forces new approaches. the remarkable bit is, there are still many areas inviting exploration on OP-1…even for a relatively seasoned user.

no “pressure” to the battle winner, but looking forward to future battles, as usual, whether open or constrained…doing is learning.

It’s been a pleasure to take part in my first battle, enjoyable if steep learning curve! What a fantastic collection of tracks, great stuff.

Only one vote though and that goes to Etude no. 2.

Really liked the atmosphere and sounds from both Insomnia and Aluminous Garden

@rudolphrapid - regarding the title “Tellurium”, without trying to be too nerdy, I just used number 52 from the periodic table, as it is Battle 52. Although yours sounds much better so I will go with that description if anyone else asks…

Ok, I now anounce the battle closed!

We have a winner, straight in at number one, first battle entry - @_fulgid (Noah Muth) - OP1 Étude #2 !!

Congratulations to the winner and thanks to everyone for making this an amazing battle.

@_fulgid, you now get the privilege of coming up with the next battle brief :slight_smile:

Cheers

Haha

Congrat @_fulgid! An impressive and bombastic entrée to the Battles :slight_smile: Welcome!

@kenopi the way of choosing the title of your track is funny :slight_smile:

I’m a bit late sorry… There is plenty of good entries in this battle :slight_smile:

After a couple of listen, my preferred tracks are :

Op-1 etude #2 by @_fulgid, superb entry, sweet and disturbing at the same time !

@millbastard, love the beat so much ! Once again, this reminds me portishead beats.

@dinraum Very nice groove, and I really love the beat and the way you placed the synths

However, all tracks are great, thanks for your participation and see you in the next battle !

(rewriting because the forum couldn't handle my emojis)

Wow, thanks everyone! I wasn't expecting such a positive response ^.^ I learned a lot on this challenge and really appreciate everyone's feedback. Very excited to keep submitting to these.

I forgot to vote in time, but my vote would have gone to @ludicrouSpeed and their dirty finger drumming. I love how it still feels "ambient" and non-repetitive despite having a strong, driving beat.

Battle #53 will be up soon!
(rewriting because the forum couldn't handle my emojis)

Wow, thanks everyone! I wasn't expecting such a positive response ^.^ I learned a lot on this challenge and really appreciate everyone's feedback. Very excited to keep submitting to these.

I forgot to vote in time, but my vote would have gone to @ludicrouSpeed and their dirty finger drumming. I love how it still feels "ambient" and non-repetitive despite having a strong, driving beat.

Battle #53 will be up soon!

No way! The winner votes for lil ol my choon! Wowee <3 I’m over the moon :smiley:

Thanks @Rudolphrapid !, will try to put it in practice in the next battle. :slight_smile: