Bounce advice

What do people find the best/quickest route for bouncing 4 tracks from a section of tape down to one track? The section is approx 20 seconds long. I’d like to keep the original 4 tracks and their original section of tape in tact. Then paste the bounced track straight after them. Guessing use Album as a pasteboard maybe?

No, just copy them all paste them behind the line and then bounce.

Really?! that simple? I thought I’d need a spare track to bounce to, guess not? Sweet :slight_smile:

You bounce them on one of the tracks. I think I did that before…
But after this whilst listening to the result, don’t forget to mute the others.

And maybe mute the track youre bouncing onto.

Cool. I’ll experiment on a spare section of tape and suss it out :wink: thanks

Tried it, works fine, thanks. I’m an idiot and it didn’t click til you explained that the bounce destination track already had that track’s audio on it and the other tracks would just dub on top :confused:

For future ref, is it possible to select multiple tracks to record to so I can do a stereo field bounce on to two tracks?

Ja, it came to my mind later, it’s always an experiment, and you have to follow a lot of steps and always forget one ; )

Tried it, works fine, thanks. I'm an idiot and it didn't click til you explained that the bounce destination track already had that track's audio on it and the other tracks would just dub on top :/

For future ref, is it possible to select multiple tracks to record to so I can do a stereo field bounce on to two tracks?

Ah stereo… afraid not.