Brand new unit with 220 firmware - any new features or patches?

Hey all!

I just received my OP-1 in the mail, it’s brand new, from new stock at Control Voltage, in Portland, Oregon, USA. I checked online after I turned it on to be sure it had the latest firmware with the new engines and such on it, and when I did, I spotted that the OP-1 website lists the latest as “218” whereas my boot screen mysteriously says “R. 00220” - seems like newer firmware than what’s on the website! Edit: searching around it sounds like new units ship with this firmware - so I’ll tack on the question, does anyone know of any patch notes? New features? Thanks!

There’s some new stuff under the hood, maybe some hardware components were updated, but there are no new features, and no known bugfixes. Don’t try to install 2.18, it will brick the OP-1!

I purchased my op-1 in December. It said version 2 on the box and has 2.18 on it. I wonder what changed since 6 months ago?

There's some new stuff under the hood, maybe some hardware components were updated, but there are no new features, and no known bugfixes. Don't try to install 2.18, it will brick the OP-1!

Good to know, thanks!

it should crash less often

I wish I had known this - I had 220 and installed 218 - it didn’t brick luckily.

Is there any way to get 220 again?
I wish I had known this - I had 220 and installed 218 - it didn't brick luckily.

mm… not, to my knowledge. that said, if it contained anything critical, TE would have probably published it on the site.

I wish I had known this - I had 220 and installed 218 - it didn't brick luckily.

Here: https://www.operator-1.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/46403/#Comment_46403

Here: https://www.operator-1.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/46403/#Comment_46403
Thanks! I emailed TE and they promptly sent me V220 - surprised by the level of service... now running v220 again without issue...