Broken T2 key

Hey everyone,

I recently bought second hand OP-1. The seller did not tell me that the T2 button was broken and is ignoring my e-mails. I wonder if anyone ever experienced something like this and knows how to fix it.

Its really hard for me to see what could be broken about it. Its clean on the inside and everything seems to be right.

I have a few keys not registering as well with my second hand OP-1. In my case, TE has recommended shipping it in and that they will have to replace the whole keybed. I haven’t done it yet because It’s quite pricey with labor, parts, and shipping in total. :frowning:

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/OP-1+Key-button+Removal+and+Cleaning+Guide/20381 try this out

I don’t see anything about the actual cleaning process. Is there a particular solution or would compressed air be a good enough?

^id say compressed air would be fine. and iso for any sticky mess. iso on a cloth as to minimize moisture near motherboard.

I had the same with one of the white keys! Tried cleaning it like hell. Than I wrote te and asked if I can order a new keyboard.it was something like 50 euro and I could change it in about 10 minutes, so it is pretty easy.and I think 50 is an o.k. price! Good luck

Huh. Never occurred to me to ask for parts. I had an intermittent 3 key and ended up paying about $100 to get it serviced (out of warranty).

I had the same with one of the white keys! Tried cleaning it like hell. Than I wrote te and asked if I can order a new keyboard.it was something like 50 euro and I could change it in about 10 minutes, so it is pretty easy.and I think 50 is an o.k. price! Good luck

What did they send you exactly, the key caps or the keybed? If I could replace my dead keys myself and would save me a lot of money.

Thanks for all the replies. I ordered a new keyboard part from TO for 45 euro (and shipping). I will make some pictures while replacing the part for you guys.

hey karbonckel, did it work out for you? because i have a white key that doesnt work any more. did you replace the whole keybed? did you take some pictures?

hey karbonckel, did it work out for you? because i have a white key that doesnt work any more. did you replace the whole keybed? did you take some pictures?

It did work out for me, I actually didn’t take pictures of replacing the part. The whole process was just too easy. You just take the cable of the old keyboard out and replace it with the new one. This is what the replacement part looks like

thanks for your reply. wow, that is good to know, i will ask the TEam for a replacement as well. A nice side effect is that it seem to include a new screen surface right? :slight_smile:

thanks for your reply. wow, that is good to know, i will ask the TEam for a replacement as well. A nice side effect is that it seem to include a new screen surface right? :)

Yeah, indeed. And you get a bunch of new keys!