Bug? Moving the OP-Z while pressing "P" goes into another mode

I posted this also on the subreddit, but in case anyone here have stumbled on this. I haven’t found any reference to this besides that the OP-Z has a motion sensor, so I’m not sure this is a firmware bug, an issue with this particular unit or something else.

So I stumbled upon this by accident.

While working on some pattern chaining, I pressed “P” and at the same time, I grabbed the OP-Z from the couch. What happened then was that the Pattern lights went off and the LED on the side (right below the ON/OFF thing) turned green.

From there, even if I released the “P” key, that “mode” still was enabled, and by pressing “P” a green LED was moving through the pattern/tracks keys starting from around the middle till the last key, and then stopped there and pressing “P” did nothing. To fix this I discovered shaking the OP-Z “restored” the normal “P” behavior. Also turning it off and on.

Can anyone confirm if this is a firmware issue or is this particular unit? I’ve been able to re-trigger this behavior by shaking the OP-Z while pressing “P”. I can take a video if needed later.

Sounds like you discovered the microphone mode. Grabbing the OP-Z and raising the mic (near the light and the power switch) enables it. Try speaking into it with some headphones on :slight_smile: (Press and hold the screen button to pass the mic audio to line out)

1 Like

Amazing, thanks a lot for explaining!