Bug reports for the OP-1 Beta OS (2016)

Can someone verfy that sequenzers / arps are not turned off? (even when you turned it off?)
it seems that tombola still tomble around even when i switched it off.

Can someone verfy that sequenzers / arps are not turned off? (even when you turned it off?)
it seems that tombola still tomble around even when i switched it off.

how do you know?

Well i turn of the ARP / SEQ and then back in Tape Mode for example i Press a Key and the ARP / SEQ noodles again and i thought “huh?! i turned it off right before!” so maybe this is a new bug i think.

Well i turn of the ARP / SEQ and then back in Tape Mode for example i Press a Key and the ARP / SEQ noodles again and i thought "huh?! i turned it off right before!" so maybe this is a new bug i think.

I haven’t noticed this problem here at all. Is this happening on all sequencer types? You’re deactivating sequencer before you exit the sequencer page right?

If yes to all of the above then I think you might have a hardware problem? My OP initially had a problem where sequencer would occasionally activate by itself or a patch would switch by itself. I had to send it back for repair.

You didn’t have this problem before updating to beta tho right? That’s the weird part, as it would normally indicate that the problem isn’t hardware…

Pattern sequencer doesn’t play sequence when filling it. Forced to go to the sequencers menu selection, to select it back and be able to play the sequence again. I didn’t try with the other SEQ

I haven’t noticed this problem here at all. Is this happening on all sequencer types? You’re deactivating sequencer before you exit the sequencer page right?

If yes to all of the above then I think you might have a hardware problem? My OP initially had a problem where sequencer would occasionally activate by itself or a patch would switch by itself. I had to send it back for repair.

You didn’t have this problem before updating to beta tho right? That’s the weird part, as it would normally indicate that the problem isn’t hardware…

Well now it seems all works as it should work… maybe i put it back on accidently as i played and messed it up.

I don’t know if this should be considered a bug, but it annoys me a bit… The preset in Sampler called “RMK2 NOTE” is tuned a full note up. If you want to play a C, you have to press A.

bug in click-smoothing i think -

- record from very start of tape for a couple of bars
- then play in reverse and loop
- expected: once it reaches the start of tape (start of loop), it should keep playing in reverse from the end of the loop
- actual: once it reaches the start of the tape it makes a buzzing noise without moving to the end of the loop

ps: recording from some time into the tape (e.g. half a second in) makes the issue disappear.

After installing the beta my Sound 1 key has become dodgy and unresponsive, it takes multiple presses to get it to register at all. I assumed the obvious “fuck my button is going out!” but to my surprise upon running the function test the key actually registers 100% so it seems to be software related. Now the messed up part is I reverted to 14203 which crashed due to the addition of the new files “error arpeggiator.cpp found” or something like that so I factory reset it, but the problem persists.

After installing the beta my Sound 1 key has become dodgy and unresponsive, it takes multiple presses to get it to register at all. I assumed the obvious "fuck my button is going out!" but to my surprise upon running the function test the key actually registers 100% so it seems to be software related. Now the messed up part is I reverted to 14203 which crashed due to the addition of the new files "error arpeggiator.cpp found" or something like that so I factory reset it, but the problem persists.

Haven’t noticed this on the beta here so it’s prob good idea to contact TE mate.

After installing the beta my Sound 1 key has become dodgy and unresponsive, it takes multiple presses to get it to register at all. I assumed the obvious "fuck my button is going out!" but to my surprise upon running the function test the key actually registers 100% so it seems to be software related.

Could be due to your key having issue before and the new firmware having a different debouncing algorithm. So it might still be HW related but just exposed/amplified by the new FW.

Now the messed up part is I reverted to 14203 which crashed due to the addition of the new files “error arpeggiator.cpp found” or something like that so I factory reset it, but the problem persists.

Sounds like you might still have the ARP engaged in either Synth or Drum mode. Try going back to the Beta, explicitly setting the Sequencer to Endless first and then disabling it. Do this for both the Synth and the Drum engine, then revert back to R14203. Report back the outcome in any case :slight_smile:

I seemed to have fixed it and it was indeed a software issue strangely enough: copy-pasted from another post I made:

So after installing the Beta my Sound 1 key immediately became very dodgy. At the time I went with the logical conclusion of “fuck the key switch is going out!” fooled around with it for a day to make sure it was a consistent issue, which it was. By dodgy I mean would only randomly register a key press like I would have to mash it before it finally triggered a response. However, I also noticed it would seem to consistently trigger in certain “conditions” like if I was going to Sound 1 from certain other Sound banks like if I went from 2 > 3 > 4 > 1 it would trigger consistently but 2 > 1 would very rarely trigger. Still I assumed the simplest answer that the switch was going bad.

So trying to revert to 14203 from Beta for posterity gave an error upon booting that caused it to fail to boot something “Unknown arpeggiator Arpeggio.cpp found” so I tried the Factory Reset option which fixed it enough to boot. However, the button issue persisted pointing more towards the switch failing, so I went back to the recovery mode and this time decided to run function test, which runs a bunch of tests to make sure all parts of the OP-1 work. Surprise, surprise, the key test registered all keys working 100% even if I button mashed them well fuck that actually demonstrates its a software issue. Went back into normal mode problem still persisted, so I did a storage format in the recovery which wipes the file system then makes you reinstall a firmware file from your computer. Booted it back up the problem persisted for about a minute then disappeared. Unit seems to work fine now will play it a bit tonight to double check.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

TL;DR: FORMAT STORAGE WHEN REVERTING FIRMWARE

EDIT: Also the Beta presets are incredibly fucking good compared to the stock 14203 presets, I miss them BAD.

I seemed to have fixed it and it was indeed a software issue strangely enough: copy-pasted from another post I made:

So after installing the Beta my Sound 1 key immediately became very dodgy. At the time I went with the logical conclusion of "fuck the key switch is going out!" fooled around with it for a day to make sure it was a consistent issue, which it was. By dodgy I mean would only randomly register a key press like I would have to mash it before it finally triggered a response. However, I also noticed it would seem to consistently trigger in certain "conditions" like if I was going to Sound 1 from certain other Sound banks like if I went from 2 > 3 > 4 > 1 it would trigger consistently but 2 > 1 would very rarely trigger. Still I assumed the simplest answer that the switch was going bad.

So trying to revert to 14203 from Beta for posterity gave an error upon booting that caused it to fail to boot something "Unknown arpeggiator Arpeggio.cpp found" so I tried the Factory Reset option which fixed it enough to boot. However, the button issue persisted pointing more towards the switch failing, so I went back to the recovery mode and this time decided to run function test, which runs a bunch of tests to make sure all parts of the OP-1 work. Surprise, surprise, the key test registered all keys working 100% even if I button mashed them well fuck that actually demonstrates its a software issue. Went back into normal mode problem still persisted, so I did a storage format in the recovery which wipes the file system then makes you reinstall a firmware file from your computer. Booted it back up the problem persisted for about a minute then disappeared. Unit seems to work fine now will play it a bit tonight to double check.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

TL;DR: FORMAT STORAGE WHEN REVERTING FIRMWARE

EDIT: Also the Beta presets are incredibly fucking good compared to the stock 14203 presets, I miss them BAD.

Glad you got it fixed up :slight_smile:

With previous firmwares, would you switch to e.g. synth screen after holding Rec and hitting a key ?
I don’t remember…

I think its the same @LyingDalai .
I’m pre beta still.
I hold record- it jumps to tape. Still holding rec I press synth. Then u can launch rec/play by playin keys, in synth mode.
If that’s what you ment :slight_smile:

Yes that’s it. I thought that once Rec was launched it would come back to the synth page, but I might have confused my wishes with reality ^^

Thx for the clarification.

Maybe the sequencer / arp thing involved the selected patch preset having an effect engaged?

Anyway, for the first time, I’ve found erasing the tape (over a pretty full 5-1/2 min. of tape) has slowed to an almost 1:1 crawl. It never took anywhere near as long as this. Perhaps this is a consequence of how much audio was on all 4 tracks; I can’t be certain I’m remembering correctly any older instances where it might’ve been this slow.

Same for me, I agree with you @Unflattered.

Erasing the Tape is way too long on this new OS !
Same for me, I agree with you @Unflattered.
Erasing the Tape is way too long on this new OS !

Regarding erasing the tape, I somehow feel the time it takes is related to the amount of fragmentation on the disk. For me, at the moment, tape erasing is working quickly, but I’ve definitely witnessed that slow crawl in the past, but also on the current production release.

I’m not on the beta and the tape erasing can be quite quick or almost six minutes slow at times it seems.