Buying an OP-1 again... What's changed?

Nobody ever likes to admit to mistakes due to his own youth… My last post was in April 2017. All things considered, the OP-1 worked perfectly, it did everything I wanted it to, I don’t know why I ever sold it. I believe I sold it for $600. I see that It’s closer to $1000 now… Like many others, I’ve felt that void in my heart for a very long time, it’s become unbearable. I must have it back now.

Is it still the same OP-1 it was 5 years ago? I think I may have read somewhere there was somekind of revision or MKII of the design, like a better screen, better build quality etc. Is this true?

One of the things I remember that had me paranoid was all the horror stories I’d read. Mine actually worked fine but I did see a lot of horror stories of the thing randomly not booting up, the input output jacks breaking, not being able to recharge, inaccurate battery indicator etc. Is the shoddy quality control still a thing? Thank you. I can’t wait to get one again.

1 Like

I bought mine second hand broken, it’s a REV2. The bull quality seems awesome to me, I. Was able to hack repair the headphone jack while I waited on a new connector board from TE, which they still sell if you talk with their CS, if needed.

A lot of what you see is a vocal group with problems reaching out for help, and some lashing out in frustration. I don’t think you will be experiencing any buyers remorse if you find another. Maybe be patient and keep an eye out for a deal so you don’t feel so stung on the price. It’s worth $1000 tho, imo.

Now it has USB audio via a firmware update. That’s pretty neat.

Thank you. Looking into it there is a REV2 version now. It appears to be the same thing but with a better screen so I don’t really mind getting a used OG one. Also good to see there is a new OP-1 Field available, so I should be able to grip an OP-1 for cheap now. Good times :3

1 Like

Well, I wouldn’t go so far as “cheap” but they seem to be $850-$1200 depending on condition and accessories. There’s one on reverb for $650 that has intermittent dead keys :man_shrugging:

I rolled the dice in a damaged unit and got lucky!