Can’t update firmware in op-1 “failed to read whole file”

Hello, I have been trying to update my op-1, but I keep getting the same issue. I first follow all the steps, until I get to the point of moving the .op1 files into the removable disk. After that, I press the com key, and it shows a message saying “failed to read whole file B???, read 15389232 bytes out of -8356028
Could not find any valid firmware”

That doesn’t even make any sense

I have a first generation op-1. It is still in version 1.35. I left it alone for quite a while and haven’t really used in years. I also recently replaced the battery, as its obviously didn’t work, but I have not yet achieved to make it boot, it only starts in TE-boot. I was trying to update it as a have seen that a lot of people fix the booting part by doing so. At this point I don’t know what to do.

I don’t know whether it is better to make it boot first, or update it fist, as I have seen many people fix the booting problem by a updating it.

Hope I get something, thanks.

1 Like

not sure if you’ve tried this already, but try getting rid of some snapshots and possibly wipe your tape. i’m just speculating but i’ve had a similar problem with both op-1 and op-z not wanting to update. getting rid of samples i didn’t used fixed the issue.

Thanks for the answer.

Unfortunately I can’t even boot it, so there is no way I can do that.
I have already tried with factory reset, and format drive, but that doesn’t seem to work.

Thanks for the answer anyways.

im the other way around and can’t open the boot menu, but have function to everything else.

1 Like