Case Options for the OP-Z (not OP-1)

Awesome. Thanks guys.

@francato said:
This looks like it might be a good size. Looks like it will fit a microfiber cloth wrapped around the OP-Z and a couple of Pocket Operators/cables etc.

I will report back when the OP-Z arrives for test fitting. :wink:

HermitShell Case:
Amazon.com

Large MicroFiber Cloths:
Amazon.com

Cool, I’ll be interested to hear how well it fits, it may rattle around a bit without some extra padding (even with the microfibre) as the OP-Z specs are:
W 212.5 mm + 5 mm width for volume knob compared to 231.14 mm length
H 57.5 mm compared to 127 mm height
D 10 mm compared to 25.4 mm depth
(HermitShell measurements in italics)

Cool, I’ll be interested to hear how well it fits, it may rattle around a bit without some extra padding (even with the microfibre) as the OP-Z specs are:
W 212.5 mm + 5 mm width for volume knob compared to 231.14 mm length
H 57.5 mm compared to 127 mm height
D 10 mm compared to 25.4 mm depth
(HermitShell measurements in italics)

Agreed, but personally I am interested in storing a couple of Pocket Operators and some cables in the mesh pouch. I’m thinking that the cloth in between the OP-Z and the PO’s might fill the area well. Will certainly report my findings.

So… The HermitShell arrived and it is a little short. I used a scaled to size print of the OP-Z :’( for testing.

It is a well made case, so I ordered the larger size variant from the same link that should give about 3/4" or 95.25mm more internal length area. The strap is about 1/2’ high so between the case being a good length and strap being a bit off center, I think it might work out nicely for having enough room to slide in the OP-Z easily. There should be about 1/2" of headroom left for cables and I figure a microfibre cloth of some sort should fill the gaps if necessary.

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B01M9AYN19/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

IMG_0471

61snl14of_L_SL1000

@francato said:
So… The HermitShell arrived and it is a little short. I used a scaled to size print of the OP-Z :’( for testing.

It is a well made case, so I ordered the larger size variant from the same link that should give about 3/4" or 95.25mm more internal length area. The strap is about 1/2’ high so between the case being a good length and strap being a bit off center, I think it might work out nicely for having enough room to slide in the OP-Z easily. There should be about 1/2" of headroom left for cables and I figure a microfibre cloth of some sort should fill the gaps if necessary.

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B01M9AYN19/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

IMG_0471

61snl14of_L_SL1000

Did you happen to see the cases I initially posted about? The wooden box, and the hand scanner (or hair straightener) both seem potential!

@boe_dye said:
Did you happen to see the cases I initially posted about? The wooden box, and the hand scanner (or hair straightener) both seem potential!

I did, Thanks. I will be curious to see how things fit with your finds as well. I will certainly post again with an actual OP-Z for testing! :#

Pretty close…

IMG_0496
IMG_0497

@francato said:
Pretty close…

IMG_0496
IMG_0497

OHHH! Which one is that??

The longer of the 2 options.

@francato said:
Pretty close…

IMG_0496
IMG_0497

Great find.

did you make a to scale paper opz?

@kingof9x said:

Yes, exactly.

Also put a couple of small sticky note pads the thickness of the OP-Z under the paper.

@francato said:

@kingof9x said:

Yes, exactly.

Also put a couple of small sticky note pads the thickness of the OP-Z under the paper.

thats brilliant!

So have we found the match made in heaven ??

@jazzmess said:

With a strap for headphones too! :wink:

As I had stated in an earlier post, it might be good to put in a small cloth of some sort to stop it from sliding the few mm that remain, but other than that I think it might be a great setup.

@francato said:

@jazzmess said:

As I had stated in an earlier post, it might be good to put in a small cloth of some sort to stop it from sliding the few mm that remain, but other than that I think it might be a great setup.

Im more inclined towards the slimline cases, because I keep my headphones in a seperate case, however as an all in one solution, I think you got it!

@boe_dye said:

@francato said:

@jazzmess said:

Im more inclined towards the slimline cases, because I keep my headphones in a seperate case, however as an all in one solution, I think you got it!

I actually feel the same way and will most certainly pay too much for one of the official leather cases when available or something along that form factor. I am really just researching for the sake of keeping my mind preoccupied while I wait for the OP-Z…

@francato said:

@boe_dye said:

@francato said:

@jazzmess said:

I actually feel the same way and will most certainly pay too much for one of the official leather cases when available or something along that form factor. I am really just researching for the sake of keeping my mind preoccupied while I wait for the OP-Z…

I hear you! I kind of have a thing for cases, and its part of my being a responsible owner to just get a solid case immediately with every purchase. Been in too many situations where I need to transport something and all I have is a cardboard box. Now I have a case for everything, from my Drum Machine to my Bible, everything has a carrying case… just in case!

Has anyone actually tried out some of these cases yet? I toyed with one, but it was almost “Too just right” where it was just a hair too tight.

This device needs a rounded corner back shell more than anything. Lap usage is not recommended if you wear shorts and this thing gets squeezed into your thigh for whatever reason.