Cases for OP-1

The only problem I have with an opening above the OP-1 is that cables can scratch the new baby. I need something padded that also holds cables in a separate compartment. So I guess TE’s model gets my vote.

The only problem I have with an opening above the OP-1 is that cables can scratch the new baby. I need something padded that also holds cables in a separate compartment. So I guess TE's model gets my vote.
I use a small pouch for the cables inside the UDG hardcase. No scratches.

On @jooga1972 s suggestion i just got a UDG case for NI’s Kontrol F1 X1 and can confirm that it is a great case. Lots of padding, a little bulky but im confident my OP1 is safe in this!

+1 on the UDG one.

Cut a piece the right width off of the extra foam that comes for packaging, and it’s a perfect snug fit

+1

I too am really happy with the UDG case.
i use this. fits the op1 perfectly. super secure. extra room for all my op1 accessories including my 12 foot cables. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000H8ZWYE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

How does the OP1 fit in the case without sliding around and getting damaged? Could you provide a picture?

70% off!
http://en.unitportables.com

All sold? I cannot find a price for the OP-1 Bag?

I’ve never seen the OP-1 case sold direct from their site, just details about it.

I imagine it’d be just as sold out as nearly everything else atm lol. I think there are a couple colors of the tablet bag left, but that’s about it.

Product is dwindling even faster from last night. There are still Unit 01 bags in red, orange, yellow, and purple. Haha, not my thing, but if your bold enough, go for it! They’re quite useful bags. I copped a few of there additional storage pouches (unit 02 +03) to attach to the inside of my Unit 01. [assembling the most organized bag I’ve had in my ADD cluttered life]

that purple almost matches my Surface Pro 3 Type Cover… >.>

But I have a nice backpack with oodles of internal organization. 13" is also all that is left. SP3 is 12" but 3:2 so the fit might be awkward.

I’ll have to try and remember to ask my wife if she would like it, she has a 13" MBA.
i use this. fits the op1 perfectly. super secure. extra room for all my op1 accessories including my 12 foot cables. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000H8ZWYE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

How does the OP1 fit in the case without sliding around and getting damaged? Could you provide a picture?

Hi dudes, after several flights abroad for work with my OP-1, my original TE case is as beat up as it gets. It’s cracked and squashed everywhere. I think it’s time to replace it with something sturdier - this one here looks like the right size. Also interested in how secured is the OP-1 in this case. Anyone else have one and care to comment?

I have only flown with the OP-1 once and the TSA at JFK gave me crap about it "what's a synthesizer?" I'm sure it goes to the intelligence and the character of the officer you are dealing with, this one wasn't too bright.

Haha, I hear you. In Atlanta I told them it’s a little Casio piano player - and they understood. “Synthesizer” could sound alarm bells for some agents, “piano” sounds a lot more comforting!

Hi dudes, after several flights abroad for work with my OP-1, my original TE case is as beat up as it gets. It’s cracked and squashed everywhere. I think it’s time to replace it with something sturdier - this one here looks like the right size. Also interested in how secured is the OP-1 in this case. Anyone else have one and care to comment?

I’ll answer my own question: the pistol case is just perfect for the OP-1 (snug fit - no moving around - room for cables)…only problem was explaining to my wife what the hell I was doing with a pistol case?

bought the case recommended by “masterofstuff124”. was inexpensive, durable and completely safe for the OP-1 + cables… couldn’t find a better suggestion on the net. perfect for traveling and/or playing gigs.
IMAG0182_2
IMAG0180_2

+1 on the UDG one.

Cut a piece the right width off of the extra foam that comes for packaging, and it's a perfect snug fit

How hard is the “hardcase”?
Would it tolerate impacts like being squashed etc…

cme has some nice cases…this bag fits too, but it´s more like a beautyprotection (dust, scratches)…nothing to protect from serious damage…

supernova

Bah, I just go bareback

+1 on the UDG one.

Cut a piece the right width off of the extra foam that comes for packaging, and it's a perfect snug fit

How hard is the “hardcase”?
Would it tolerate impacts like being squashed etc…

I can confirm it’s hard enough to tolerate being squashed. This is a very solid case.

http://m.instructables.com/id/Wooden-OP-1-Case/?ALLSTEPS

Got the email to say my op1 arrives this week! So stumbled on the above link for a nice case. Going to have a bash at making it.