Cases for OP-1

that instructable case looks cool. the guy left his number on it. kek. might be worth editing to something else. illustrator, inkscape etc… wonder how much it would be to have this printed at something like ponoko. slick case.

I’ve sent it to itsclearcut.com does the .ai file contain a phone number? Need to change that!!

Have you had a quote @steveoath ? I do love my synths dressed in wood. :smiley:

It’s coming in at £68 including postage (that’s using birch). I daresay it’s feasible to do by hand, but tbh I don’t have the time.

I will be doing the assembly though, but it’s a bit of glueing and finishing, nothing major.

Has anyone tried this one?

http://www.amazon.com/Native-Instruments-Traktor-Kontrol-Gig/dp/B00369LAEW/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

The ability to pop it up and make a stand seems pretty sweet. Guessing that if the UDG case fits, this one will…but not sure if I wanna pull the trigger yet.

Yes I’ve got one of them @viciousitaly .
I also have the official one ,which is better because it fits tightly and is smaller/lighter.
The Traktor one is larger than OP1 ,so some movement inside and the padding aint as good .But it is more solid and well made.It does the job, but too bulky for my bag, compared to my slim line OP1 one.

Aaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhh.

Schoolboy error on my part. Building the wooden case and didn’t realise i’d glued the case back to front. Bugger. gonna try to rescue it, but not confident the ply will hold up :’-(

I used someone’s idea and bought a Sennheiser mic case, and added my own foam, with top secret compartments in the bottom. My only concern is that the hinges might not last, but it seems like a sturdy case.

I used someone's idea and bought a Sennheiser mic case, and added my own foam, with top secret compartments in the bottom. My only concern is that the hinges might not last, but it seems like a sturdy case.

I started with this case as well.

The hinges didn’t worry me as much as the latches, so I put some velcro where the latches clasp and it was noticeably improved.

Excellent idea! Did the case hold up for you?

It did.

After some months I opted for the TE/Unit Portables case, as it took up less room in my bag and I had a gig to fly to, needing all the space in my bag I could get.

In light of my crapness at diy i bought a case from ebay that claims to be waterproof/dustproof to ip67 that had the plucky foam. Hinges and locks are solid. Wish i’d just picked it up to start with :-/

This one.

In light of my crapness at diy i bought a case from ebay that claims to be waterproof/dustproof to ip67 that had the plucky foam. Hinges and locks are solid. Wish i'd just picked it up to start with :-/

That’s a shame, that plywood case looked awesome…

I’m using the Native Instruments Traktor controller case (something like 30 euros at Thomman!) for the OP-1. Fits really well, have a cool suport for lives and you can use also to carry a Pocket Operaor + Volca (perfect size!).

@ghostly606 - lesson learned on my part. Basically took the sheets that were to be glued, lined them on the op1, then forgot to turn them as i took them off and laid them down for gluing. Only realised after a few hours and try as i might i couldn’t seperate the layers. Might have another go when i have a bit more time to myself.

Anyone see these cases from Bowoo? Little on the expensive side ($110), but waterproof and possibly better protection. They also have one in orange.

http://www.bowoonyc.com/shop/all/teenage-engineering-op-1-canvas-felt-carry-case

Did the same with the gun case. $10 at Bass Pro Shops here in the US. Added my own foam (as others have) to cushion where the cutout is. Looks pretty custom.

IMG_7557
IMG_7554
IMG_7555

If you’re in the UK… WH Smith
Neoprene/rubber zipped pencil case fits the OP-1 beautifully! Not a hard case, but tougher than fabric and plenty protection if it’s in a backpack etc…

I’d leave a picture here but the uploading bar is taking forever.