Chroma Caps. A must.

I personally hate the way they look
+1 ...and CRANK won't fit anymore (I use it very often)

+1

(snip): ...they're about 100x more pleasant to use, and make the job much easier. There's no escaping that. I swear by them."
Fitted Chroma Caps to a Roland SP404SX likewise;  & found a big improvement.  Ordered new Chroma's before I took delivery of OP-!.  <div style="font-style: normal;"><br><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">    Softer, rubbery grip of the Chroma caps is a boon for folk who suffer from circulation issues in cold weather. (little dimples in the finger ends) They're pretty too (the knobs, not my fingers).   They remind me of Smarties. </span><br></div></div><div style="font-style: normal;"><span style="font-size: 10pt;"><br></span></div><div style=""><span style="font-style: normal; font-size: 10pt;">  EDIT:    fitted four </span><span style="background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255); color: rgb(37, 38, 30); font-family: "lucida grande", "Lucida Sans Unicode", tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 17.8px;">V2 encoders plus a 'Fatty Knob' for the volume.</span></div>

Have a set on the way for my 404, $8 with free shipping is insane.

Got the caps in the mail today, feel way less business like, organic almost. I’m digging them, not mention how bad ass the 404 looks.

I have a set as well and they definitely make it feel better. They also fit under my decksaver cover. I have one on my volume knob also.
did you put the phatty on the volume or the thinner super knob?
(snip): ...they're about 100x more pleasant to use, and make the job much easier. There's no escaping that. I swear by them."
Fitted Chroma Caps to a Roland SP404SX likewise;  & found a big improvement.  Ordered new Chroma's before I took delivery of OP-!.  <div style="font-style: normal;"><br><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">    Softer, rubbery grip of the Chroma caps is a boon for folk who suffer from circulation issues in cold weather. (little dimples in the finger ends) They're pretty too (the knobs, not my fingers).   They remind me of Smarties. </span><br></div></div><div style="font-style: normal;"><span style="font-size: 10pt;"><br></span></div><div style=""><span style="font-style: normal; font-size: 10pt;">  EDIT:    fitted four </span><span style="background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255); color: rgb(37, 38, 30); font-family: "lucida grande", "Lucida Sans Unicode", tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 17.8px;">V2 encoders plus a 'Fatty Knob' for the volume.</span></div></blockquote><div><br></div> is there a gap at the bottom of the phatty knob when on the volume pot?