Chroma caps

If anybody was wondering how the OP-1 looks with the Chroma Cap encoder knobs, that are closest to the trademark colors, here’s a pic:

As you can see, the green cap is nowhere near the original color. I’m gonna roll with it though. The knobs feel so much better.

Didnt realise you got chroma caps without the white line on them.

Might get some for my OP-1 and Maschine!

Sweet, what exact caps did you get that will fit? I’d like all gray ones, or black and gray. Too bad the indicator isn’t white on the gray one, or else I’d color them accordingly to op-1s encoders. .

The Chroma caps you should get are the encoder ones. Should be listed in the drop-down menu when selecting them. They have glow ones that look frost clear and have no rubber coating. Might be easier to add color those ones.

Thanks Jiggity, I’ll check em’ out. It looks like it would fee like how Arturia encoders are, with lots of grip.

Now, if there was only a way to change the keys to feel more like pads, hah.

Have you seen these?

:

tossing around getting a second OP-1, and putting D-Synth themed knobs on it to tell them apart. I assume “Other” and then encoder from the drop down? any idea if the regular, lined knobs will fit the encoders or are they meant for pot shafts?

I like the stock OP-1 knobs, would never change them. To each their own though, I notice a lot of SP cats are using the Chroma caps! I’m weird though, I don’t like customized gear for some reason. I have to say Jiggity they look pretty big and soft like they would be nice to grab :wink:

tossing around getting a second OP-1, and putting D-Synth themed knobs on it to tell them apart. I assume "Other" and then encoder from the drop down? any idea if the regular, lined knobs will fit the encoders or are they meant for pot shafts?

Yeah, “other” and then encoder from the drop down. The other “lined” knobs fit as well.

I really like the stock knobs too, but once you try the rubberized knobs on the OP1, it’s hard to go back. My fingers actually started to ache a little after using the stock ones after a long period.

I don’t think the “super knob” will look good at all, the stock ones have a wide skirt that they don’t have, so I think I will go with the fatty or encoder version. Thanks!

edit booo to black lines on the green and grey

Anyone know of any metal knobs that would fit?

Kites, check ebay for aluminium knobs for Maschine?

If the chroma knobs fit maschine then surely knobs made for maschine will fit the OP no?

Awesome man, good thinking!

@jiggity do the encoders still click?

@SLOTH For sure. If you don’t like the click, having larger rubberized knobs makes it much more smoother.

Too bad that the Op-1 acessories wont fit on the chroma caps :confused:

@jiggity

sorry i wasn’t clear i meant can u still use the encoders as pushbuttons to send midii? the chroma caps seem rather large so i’m wondering if they would block the mechanism

btw nice find, looks great, i’m jaleous

@SLOTH yes, you are still able to push the encoders like a button. There’s a small gap between the cap and the surface of the OP-1, even after pushed.