Creating sample based synth patches

Anyone have a link to tutorial on creating sample based synth patches for OP-1? Thanks!

1 Like

its pretty straight forward, just plug the source to line in, choose a synth slot where to record, press mic button, select line in, adjust input level w orange encoder, press note key on op-1 and then press same note in your real synth / vst / etc. whenever there is sound, op-1 will record it up to 6 seconds. to finish your sample adjust envelope and loop points.

https://youtu.be/ZAUCII79VcE

1 Like

Can anyone give some insight as to which note you should sample so you have the correct notes relative to the keyboard when you’re playing it back? I would have though C was the way to go but it seems to be not working the way I had imagined…

I think it assigns to A. Not sure tho.

it records the note you enter into the note you press… there could be an octave mismatch but not a note misplacement unless you have a setting into the “detune” page.

How completely logical! Now I feel like I should’ve sorted that out… thanks!

it records the note you enter into the note you press.. there could be an octave mismatch but not a note misplacement unless you have a setting into the "detune" page.

Just curious- what about when you copy an .aif directly into the synth folder?