Custom 3-PO Case feedback (comment for co-sign)

i would buy it this is awesome

#1 imho

dude hell yea! very nice work @dichstudios1

one thing i wondered about, is that u would have to permanently install your PO into this case right? b/c of all the mods?
not something that i am concerned about necessarily, since i feel like it would most likely end up in the case all the time anyway. just curious.

how would that work if this were to become a thing? like would we have to DIY it ourselves into the case, or send u our POs or something?

i honestly think there isn’t much feedback besides a bunch of co-signs because this looks very well done on the jump.

midi din would be great. bigger buttons and leds would be a nice touch too. i will say tho that i like the pocket sized aspect of the POs tho so i would personally go for something that was smaller over something that had a crazy amount of features.

I’d be inclined to get an idea of how much people would be willing to pay before getting too far into it, I think it looks great but probably will cost more than I’d want to spend - not saying that it would not be worth it, but I know how much small run stuff costs to get made, and nearly always price is the biggest factor.

Anyway, good luck with it and brilliant job!

^ yup, what darenager said.

If this is going to be costly then it’s not going to be a big seller. TE die hards might grab them but can’t see them selling en mass.

This is such a beautiful case though and if the price was right then I’d be tempted to buy the other two PO’s that I don’t have and get the case.

I cant believe there were no C-3PO (Case for 3 Pocket Operators) themed cases. It seems like the obvious play on words :wink:

op1kenobi would buy one for sure…

"C-3PO"

jeanyis!!

Just a quick update:
Working on making these cases more diy friendly at the moment. Desoldering the pots may prove difficult for some.

As for price, I’m looking at keeping these low(er) cost, $50? For a single version, $125? For the triple.

Should have something within a month to show.
So stay tuned folks!
As always, comments and suggestions are more then welcome.

@dichstudios1 put me down for the triple. I am not experienced in soldering so that would be great. If possible I’d still like to use them out of the case on occasion.
Your price seems fine. Looking forward to hearing how you get on.

125$ sounds more than reasonable! You know I’m down for one!!!

@dichstudios1 , are these available for purchase? this is such a perfect product for these devices!

This is great! Truly inspiring!!

@dichstudios1 , are these available for purchase? this is such a perfect product for these devices!

It’s been finished for awhile but…
It needs more.

Just have to decide if I want:

• wood end caps or open?
  • a powered or passive mixer built into the case?
  • aux input?
  • mono output or stereo?
  • battery powered PO’s or wall wart?
    And and and…
    Feature creep at its finest.

Someone please decide for me, what do you all want???

@ditchstudios

unsure about must but one; the passive mixer is by all means more practical

Stereo output would be great and I agree with bichuelo that a passive mixer would be more practical. I love the idea of an aux input (my MicroGranny loves my Pocket Operators) and if adding an aux in requires an active mixer then so be it. A central battery box containing all the AAA’s might be the best compromise between a wall wart and just battery power since it will allow you to cut power to all of the PO’s at once so you don’t have the battery drain problem associated with leaving the cables plugged in. Please make a 6 PO version :slight_smile:

https://instagram.com/p/BKrAPHcB7-n/

That should answer a few questions…

Looks amazing!