did anyone catch the live stream of op-z from op1andchill on instagram?

@punji said:
They also mentioned you could use an external MIDI keyboard but gave no demonstration of that.

I asked Tobias at TE about this during another livestream on IG a few weeks back. Apparently you’re supposed to be able to use the OP-1 as an external keyboard for the OP-Z and I guess that could mean that it’s compatible with most keyboards that run midi over USB.

Personally, I’m hoping to see a nice solution for controlling my vocoder (EHX v256) via midi with this device, since that would let me use my hands to do other stuff than working the keyboard. Imagine running som beats on the OP-1 and the OP-Z while using a vocoder and throwing down some vinly scratches all at the same time! My girlfriend will probably end up leaving me and move out off our appartment, but hey, I’m funky!

@Operator666 said:

@punji said:
They also mentioned you could use an external MIDI keyboard but gave no demonstration of that.

I asked Tobias at TE about this during another livestream on IG a few weeks back. Apparently you’re supposed to be able to use the OP-1 as an external keyboard for the OP-Z and I guess that could mean that it’s compatible with most keyboards that run midi over USB.

As long as you have a USB-C male to USB-A female adapter or cable anything that sends midi over USB will work. I’ve tested OP-1, Keystep and Digitakt/tone

That’s great news that’s I’ve been hoping for confirmation on. Much joy (well when my op-z actually arrives!)

much joy indeed, I’ve got this cable in anticipation for op1 – opz

I’ve also seen these adaptors that look good for using with your existing cables

Or if you want it for a third of the price: here