Do any of you madlads have two OB-4's for real stereo separation?

Just curious, because I’m considering buying another and then a splitter cable from my TX-6 for more volume and I am wondering if that makes much of a difference.

1 Like

i presume this would work but why not just get a hifi stereo system? this seems like an expensive option for a speaker pair & you would likely get better value out of a second hand dedicated speaker system

1 Like

Yeah, definitely a strange use case but in terms of a portable setup I can perform outside with, having a single OB-4 is great! I was just curious if anyone was using two in confunction as I am also anticipating a new one from TE for the field line at some point. Mostly curiosity, but yes another system would prob be better suited!

@scott.manka How good is the stereo separation with only one ob-4 when you place it directly in front of you? Is the left woofer and tweeter playing the left signal only and the right ones only the right channel? Or are the channels mixed together and played back mono?

2 Likes

I can’t find the video, but someone on YouTube tested it, it’s fully stereo split with a stereo split track and a mixer, so I do believe the unit is fully stereo. It never ceases to impress when I bring it out, and it fills any room. I have yet to find it lacking in volume and sound quality.

2 Likes

Yes, the stereo separation is quite good on this tiny speaker, I have not once regretted spending the money I did on a brand new red TE OB-4. It’s a great sound. Not sure what else I could say bc I was honestly asking something completely different than you in my original post, but even a single OB-4 is worth it.

2 Likes