Does my official OP-1 Case fit wrong?

I ended up buying this case after reading the reviews saying recent versions of the official case weren’t fitting:

http://www.sandisacult.com/product/op-1-cargo-softcase-orange

I ended up buying this case after reading the reviews saying recent versions of the official case weren’t fitting:

http://www.sandisacult.com/product/op-1-cargo-softcase-orange

How do you like that case so far? Do you have a Decksaver? If so, does the OP1 fit w/ said Decksaver?

I bought a used OP and it came with the TE case. The unit fit decently, but I found with the Decksaver it fits perfectly. Little to no movement. I’m not really impressed with the accessories pouch, though.

I just ordered it, I haven’t received it yet. I don’t have a deck saver (I just ordered my op-1 too)

Getting a new one today, crossing my fingers that it’ll fit the OP-1 this time. Got to keep the defective one too, so now I have to find some other expensive piece of gear to put in that one…

FWIW, +1 on the MeMe case. Perfect fit, huge accessories pocket and dig the shoulder strap. If anyone is looking for an alt case, recommended.

Another +1 on the MeMeAntenna case. I’ve had the camouflage one for a while but also felt weird because it sort of looks like it could be a gun case. So, I’ve ordered a navy blue one off of MeMe’s site. Hopefully it’ll be exact same as the cami case.

Anyone need a cami OP-1 case? :slight_smile:

Same as @rprprprp that case does not fit the OP-1. 0/10 do not purchase.

Another +1 on the MeMeAntenna case. I've had the camouflage one for a while but also felt weird because it sort of looks like it could be a gun case. So, I've ordered a navy blue one off of MeMe's site. Hopefully it'll be exact same as the cami case.

Anyone need a cami OP-1 case? :)

Hi! I’d buy it. How much are you asking for…and would you ship to Japan?

I contacted Unit Portables customer service to see if they were aware of the issue/if they would replace the case with one that would fit. They said to return the product, but they also said they were going to follow up with the manufacturer in China.

Must be at some point the case had specs change with the foam lining, making the border too thick. I would not recommend repurchasing until Unit Portables corrects the issue and gets the bad cases off retailers shelves.

After looking around I stumbled upon this padded cordura tool bag with exactly the right length… Overall padding is somewhat lighter, but makes up for the proper fit. And build quality is on par
http://www.kleintools.com/catalog/leathernylon-zipper-bags/padded-zipper-tool-bag

Plus it’s under USD $15 from Amazon or Home Depot.

Nice. That looks like it’ll fit my Roli keyboard, too. Thanks for the link!

Same problem for me with the Official OP-1 case: the foam is a little tight so it doesn’t sit in it firmly.

Found a used MeMe case (that has a large, outside zipper pocket), whose interior is very similar to the official OP-1 case, but fits nicely. The OP-Z actually fits in the MeMe outer pocket (even with a foam wrap around it (using a Car Seatbelt wrap which fits OP-Z like a glove).

Anyways, another interesting and cheap option ($15.99) is a Harmonica zip case: it’s a little snug, but padded, zippered and fits:

Lee Oskar 7-Harmonica Soft Pouch