Don't sell your op-1

I just wanted to say that I sold my little song buddy before Christmas. I’ve missed it ever since. Don’t sell your OP-1 because you’ll regret it. It has a good new home, but still, I can’t wait until I can afford to get another one.

That’s all I wanted to say. I hope you all are having a great New Year!

Hehe, i know that feeling…got my 3rd op-1, and will keep it…

Your wife knew this would happen too I seem to recall! Wives know best, huh? Dammit!!

Yeah, she says she can’t understand why I would’ve done it. However, it really helped to pay for Xmas. Still… I’m going to get another and she’s totally cool with it.

I just wanted to say that I sold my little song buddy before Christmas. I've missed it ever since. Don't sell your OP-1 because you'll regret it. It has a good new home, but still, I can't wait until I can afford to get another one.

That's all I wanted to say. I hope you all are having a great New Year!

Totally agree. Last year in February I bought my first OP, but hated the glitches so I sold it, bought the Octratrack, spent 3 months learning how to use only to realize that I was missing the OP. So I sold the Octatrack, bought the OP which arrived dead, bought another one which I will never sell. The end. :slight_smile:

I’ve been without one for a month(replacement arriving wednesday!!) and small void has formed in my soul… Nothing can touch/replace the OP-1.

Hehe, i know that feeling..got my 3rd op-1, and will keep it...

Another third timer! I will probably get stupid and sell mine again, it’s just the nature of having limited space/funds for all the cool gear that’s out there.

I’ve only managed to keep one piece of gear through the past several years, and that’s my Tempest. Everything else goes in and out. I’m on my 3rd Monomachine, 3rd Analog Four (plus had 2 Analog Keys as well), third Maschine Mk2 as well.

jesus natrixgli - buying, selling then re-buying all that gear must have pissed a lot of money up the wall, no?

I’m happy I did not sell my OP-1 when I wanted to do so.

sold mine and have zero regrets. very happy with 2 elektron boxes and push 2, a setup i wont be changing or adding to for a long time

I'm finally breaking into the Elektron world with a used Machinedrum on order and I already find myself wanting more (Monomachine!). If I expand more into Elektron stuff, other gear might go. Strangely, it's my (rather small) eurorack collection that I'd get rid of first before even thinking of ditching the OP-1.

(Two years ago when I started buying my little Eurorack system, I too had the "I won't be changing this for a long time!" thought. Now... Meh. Lots of cool things in that world but I've lost interest).

The Op-1 is just too fun to travel with (even brought it to a noise fest I played at last year - not part of my performance setup, just something for myself to play with whenever I wanted), to useful as a controller for other synths thanks to the Oplab finally being useful for me... Yeah, if I wanted to sell my current stuff to get more Elektron gear, the Op-1 would not be on that list.

I don’t think I’ll ever sell it. It simply has such a huge potential for its size. Every now and then I get fed up with it but then I just don’t use it for a while and soon start missing it. Also, even after nearly two years there’s still a lot to learn, like I am yet to figure out how to work properly with Tape.

It’s currently my go to instrument, never sell!!!

Bought my OP-1 @ Moogfest this year, after having my eye on it for over a year. Talked myself out of it on the way home, thinking I needed to spend the money on something else I needed more. Returned it, no problem. Missed it terribly. Sold a bunch of old gear on CL and Reverb and got enough money to buy it back. Even got the same one I returned. It will never leave me again!

The thing about my OP-1 is I’m not on it all the time. It lends itself best to 100% immersion, so I’m either all in or using my other tools.

Because of this, it sits idle more than my other tools do. At times I ponder liquidating it for other tools that are more integrative/compatible. But then I listen to the music I made with my OP-1 and I could not have made that music with anything else, so it stays. I need another 100% immersion weekend soon, though!
I need another 100% immersion weekend soon, though!

Same here :slight_smile:

It’s Battle time, dear !

Will never sell my OP-1. Even if I quit music I’ll keep it in the box in the closet. Id choose my OP-1 over food and shelter I honestly think.

sold mine and have zero regrets. very happy with 2 elektron boxes and push 2, a setup i wont be changing or adding to for a long time

I’m so incredibly frustrated with pop/clicks contaminating tracks I work on and like, only to have to erase and start again that I might be onto this sell kind of thinking soon if I can’t find a way around it all.

I simply prefer to work more linear than loop based do for be, these artifacts are becoming a kinda hell.
Sorry to say.

If you sold your op1 you either really didn’t learn it well enough to know it’s true power or you just needed the money. lol

Yesterday I put my MPC, SP-404, volca bass and minibrute in storage. Hadn’t used them in months. Now, only the OP-1 as the centre piece, a turntable and my electric bass as sampling sources remain = clean slate!