Don't sell your op-1

And yes I would never sell it!

I did and it broke my heart, but I needed the money. I bought a new (well, used) one as soon as I could after I landed a new job.

I bought one, enjoyed it immensely, sold it again, but will probably buy one again some day. I don’t regret neither buying or selling it, however. Inspirational though it is, at the moment, my compositional workflow isn’t as well suited to the OP-1 as I need to get MIDI files into my DAW, and the OP-1 can even get in the way of that. For composing on the go, I now use my iPad Mini with Chordy and MIDI Sketch, using the sounds of iGrand Piano.

Interestingly, if I’d kept the OP-1 and the Strymon Big Sky, and the Mother 32 I bought around the same time during the Black Friday sales season last year, we’d not have been able to afford the deposit on our new house, or to get some woodworking tools I needed for projects after moving, so I can’t regret it so much when I actually needed the money for something else.

The OP-1 is still one of the most amazingly charismatic and inspirational synths ever, and so much fun to use, and I will get a new one some day. Perhaps next year. Or this year’s Black Friday sales.

Yesterday I put my MPC, SP-404, volca bass and minibrute in storage. Hadn't used them in months. Now, only the OP-1 as the centre piece, a turntable and my electric bass as sampling sources remain = clean slate!

haha quoting myself, a year a 2 month later still 100% on OP-1.

Yesterday I put my MPC, SP-404, volca bass and minibrute in storage. Hadn't used them in months. Now, only the OP-1 as the centre piece, a turntable and my electric bass as sampling sources remain = clean slate!

OT- I’m currently GASing over the SP404, what do you think about it?
I got an op-1 too but I’d be interested in using the two together.

OT- I’m currently GASing over the SP404, what do you think about it?
I got an op-1 too but I’d be interested in using the two together.

Do it!

Shop Amazon though, I got mine new for $385

I feel like if you’re not in desperate need of cash, there’s no disadvantage of owning an OP1 as a musician. Even if it rides the bench for a while.