Elektron Digitakt - impressions vs the OP-Z

I don’t think you need to do anything specific. It automatically slices according to the wave shape (it slices at each spike point I believe). This only applies to tracks 1-4 though (drums). You can do a live sample with the mic and it will do this as well. Just need to have a small gap of silence between each sound I think. So you can just start sampling, and just randomly start making different sounds and the OP-Z will automatically make a drum ‘kit’ out of it. It’s pretty neat! I am not sure if everything I said was 100% accurate, but Cuckoo does a great sampling tutorial if you want to check that out on YouTube!

Elektrons have the best sequencers around.

I now recall that being able to adjust the slices manually on a imported or recorded sample at will were a requested feature :blush:

Love this review, definitely confirms my pining for a digitakt. Got a digitone right at release and I cherish it, but have hemming and hawing about also getting the sister sampler. Now I just gotta find one used, but these things hold value like Toyotas.

1 Like