Elektron Digitakt

Pretty cool! A “beatmaking power house”. Let´s see what´s all about - maybe a kind of stripped of Octatrack + Machinedrum with SP and Akai XR-20 vibes?

<p style=“margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: “Helvetica Neue”, Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px; background-color: rgb(75, 164, 188);”>“We’re excited to announce Digitakt, an eight track digital drum machine and sampler. The rich feature set, the powerful digital sound engine, the compact size and the all new back-lit buttons and super crisp OLED screen make it a portable and focused instrument for producers and live musicians. And eight dedicated MIDI tracks, all featuring legendary Elektron sequencer tricks, elevate Digitakt to a capable control hub.”

Digitakt specifications

<ul style=“color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: “Helvetica Neue”, Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; background-color: rgb(75, 164, 188);”>
  • 8 internal audio tracks
  • 8 dedicated MIDI tracks
  • 1 × Digital multi-mode filter per audio track
  • 1 × Assignable LFO per track
  • Delay and Reverb send FX
  • Sampling capability
  • 64 MB sample memory
  • 1 GB +Drive storage
  • 2 × ¼” input & 2 × ¼” balanced output
  • 1 × High Speed USB 2.0 port
  • MIDI IN, OUT and THRU ports
  • Overbridge support

• unnamed

I wonder if the “digital sound engine” means drum synthesis machines? If so and they sounds good enough, I might actually trade in my rytm for this guy!

I wonder if the "digital sound engine" means drum synthesis machines? If so and they sounds good enough, I might actually trade in my rytm for this guy!

Judging by the animated Overbridge graphic on the product page, I would say that’s definitely what they mean. They make a very clear distinction this is a digital drum machine, separating it from the Analog Rhythm in engine but not in edibility.

Here’s the animated Overbridge graphic: https://player.vimeo.com/external/195625796.hd.mp4?s=23c669bd89f3af8b7f97adf1721df883c016af04&profile_id=119.mp4

Nice! Interested to see it in action. Would be super cool if the LFO’s were freely assignable to the other tracks… always loved that feature on the MD.

ooooohhh

Looks pretty good. Anyone finding elektronauts.com screwed up like they don’t have the bandwidth to deal with sudden influx of page hits? Pretty broken from here atm…

I wonder if the “digital sound engine” means drum synthesis machines? If so and they sounds good enough, I might actually trade in my rytm for this guy!

It appears that it’s only sample based drums? It’s almost like a Machinedrum UW but only with the UW. From what I can tell so far anyways.

I already have an MDUW and just got an Octatrack yesterday and still I find myself wanting this thing. Dammit.

I was really excited when the silver boxes prices dropped last year as I hoped it would give more people a chance to get a starter experience on the Elektron style. This might be finally offer that.

And if it’s got the modern sequencing features of the Analog stuff (probability) AND if those work on MIDI, this could be a good alternative to the Squarp, Carbon, and other solid MIDI sequencers that have shown up in the $650 price range.

Hm. Now I can’t tell if this is synthesis plus samples or not. If it’s digital synthesis plus samples on the same hit like the RYTM, could be very intriguing indeed.

Hm. Now I can't tell if this is synthesis plus samples or not. If it's digital synthesis plus samples on the same hit like the RYTM, could be very intriguing indeed.
    Dying to know!

Says ‘sound engine’ so guessing digital drum machine? + samples. Looks cool for the price. I’m not too fussed about legit analog drums and always thought it sucked you couldn’t sample straight onboard on AR so this kinda fills the gap that I’d be interested in if buying a drum machine at decent price. Not sure if Ill cop one tho…

Interested to know digital+sample layering options and whether tracks are monophonic.

And any timestrech options for samples and how far they pitch each way… Questions, questions :wink:

Steps?

Looks like the Heat is the new gear size from Elektron…

For me now, it’s going to be between this or the op-z.

Plus - it’s got Midi Thru like a proper machine should! (Seeing this left off of so many machines these days).

They say it has sample “capability”.
    Perhars it’s just that you can load a sample on the midi tracks when not using them externally?

GOD DAMMNIT ELEKTRON.

i want your gear but i cant afford it…

This is great, out of the blue, I was hanging for the OPZ but this just trumped it.

The sound is key for me. Hopefully 12 bit. Don’t want something too transparent