Endless seq question

Say i have a nice 4 bar hi hat pattern from the endless sequencer and i have recorded it to tape. Is it possible (or is there a neat trick/workaround) which allows lets me edit that endless seq and take notes out? So basically i can create subtle variations of the original pattern

Short answer: Nope.

Long answer: Sorry.

@ludicrouSpeed said:
Short answer: Nope.

Long answer: Sorry.

Lols

TE - Sort it out!! I would happily swap 2 of the (unused) sequencers for a more powerful Endless

you can sorta w/ the (i believe) the white knob.
the one that changes the flow of steps.

@docshermsticks said:
you can sorta w/ the (i believe) the white knob.
the one that changes the flow of steps.

Thats a fair point!

You can also edit the tape itself. So record a second four bar pattern and drop blank bits of tape over part of the recording.

These guys so much smarter than me.

don’t forget that you can also use shift + white knob to move the selected pattern around.

You can play with the red knob to silent some notes during playing/recording. happy results sometimes.

you could set the playback of endless sequencer to random instead of forward/reverse

you could also hit play, trigger the sequence, then tap record as the loop runs to just grab certain notes from the sequence. may be a little choppy, depends on the style a bit i suppose

or resample the loop into a drum sampler and re-sequence it

Maybe the Endless Sequencer ain’t the right sequencer for this situation. For 4 bar’s I’d probably go with the Finger sequencer - using multiple keys.