Explanations on synth engines

By the way, the TE faq says:

“can i import my OP-1 synth patches on the OP-Z or only sample patches?

yes you can, on track 5 to 8.”

What does that mean exactly? The OP-Z does NOT have all OP-1 engines, right? How can it import an OP-1 synth patch?

1 Like

some of the engines are the same, I assume you can import those ones?

only one way to find out

Yup- just need someone who has both (I only have the z) but if it works there are a ton of great pre-sets suddenly going to be available!

I’m guessing that just means sampler patches. I’d be surprised if saving OP-1 synth patches to the Z would work!

the way its written suggests that u can. atleast the way i read it.
but yea i would be surprised too if it worked.
maybe it would just play the “op1 patch” voice lol

When I try this only the sample patches work. Any op-1 patch that plays as “op1 patch” on a computer is removed from the folders when the op-z restarts.

i wonder if one were to try random #'s for the synth engine file names
if there is maybe some hidden ones in there?
wouldn’t put it past TE

@docshermsticks please try this!!! I don’t have my op z yet, but I’d love to know if this works, I know it’s a bit picky, but I honestly expected more synth engines considering their pocket operated esc. 2 Param engines.

1 Like

Really hoping they drop some new engines soon. I’m finding I use saw a lot, but other than that none of them really jump out at me. In particular I find the shade synth engine pretty lame and the parameters do npt vary the tone much at all.

1 Like

Is there anymore explanation on the pcm sample player that is shown in the reference guide?
I know we can import samples…but in the reference it says pitch for parameter 1

Parameter 1 on the chromatic sample synth engine seems to be some kind of bitcrusher. I kinda like it, but the engine itself appears to be somewhat incomplete; it doesn’t seem to support OP-1 loop points, which makes it almost useless for longer sounds…

I believe this “bitcrusher” is just a placeholder, because it’s not even referenced in the manual…at least I hope

I’d miss it if it changed, but honestly I think the first two encoders should just adjust loop point, but that means they’d have to implement looping.

At the moment I’m having a lot more fun just using samples on the drum tracks, and living with the limited synth engines, simply because I can have notes longer than a few seconds.

Years later, and having owned and enjoyed owning an OP-Z for like two years, I came here to this forum one Sunday evening to ask if anyone has documented all the parameters…

TE has!

Thank you for the link @spongefile :link:

2 Likes