FX on samples of PO-33 K.O!

hi! I’d like to use the PO-33 K.O like a melodic keyboard, I am not so much interested in the sequencer. does someone know whether I could use the build in FX triggerd by the samples or do they it only work when a pattern/sequence is playing? cheers, gerri

Only work when the sequencer is playing. If you only want the KO for melodic playing you will find it extremely limiting!

thanks for the reply. hm is it polyphone like how many notes can i play at the same time?

@gerri said:
thanks for the reply. hm is it polyphone like how many notes can i play at the same time?

KO can play 4 notes at the same time, but not from the same sound slot. So if you wanted to use the same melodic voice for all 4 notes you would need to copy the sound to 3 additional sound slots.

thanks sammyjams. not sure if i understand correctly. I’d like to play a chord of 4 different notes with the same sound. would that be possible you rekkon?

@gerri said:
thanks sammyjams. not sure if i understand correctly. I’d like to play a chord of 4 different notes with the same sound. would that be possible you rekkon?

No, each sound is monophonic. If you want a chord, either sample the chord itself, or duplicate the same sound across four sound slots (ie. four of the first eight slots, not four slices of a drum slot). You won’t be able to play the notes live though.