FX pedals

Hey guys so I’m looking to add a few FX pedals to my OP1. I’m currently using Heat and an old Behringer Reverb machine. But I’m into lofi, glitch, ambient. I’d really like some ideas on some good creative pedals that make the OP1 shine (not just your usual Boss, Strymon etc). I’m looking for some unusual 3rd party manufacturers.

Been looking at Red Panda Particle. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

red panda is rad

ss/bs
bananana
cooperfx
drolo
pladask

Montreal assembly

Montreal assembly

2nd Montreal assembly - “count to 5” is an insane pitch shifting delay / loop slicing powerhouse, which is as crazy and wild, as it is versatile and beautiful…

The ones the Doc posted sound aswesoe too, I just haven’t tried them. I own a CT5, and I would never sell it. ever.

Red panda +1
Avalanche Run
Lo-fi Junky

That’s my main rig for effects. Really like all of them. Would recommend you look for tap tempo function if you get a delay. Probably obvious but I learnt the hard way.

Found this channel recently. Don’t know the person but found it inspiring mix of FX and Op1

https://youtu.be/cJypGXIPHgQ

1 Like

Thanks for the comments guys. I’ve gone though so much gear. I live my octatrack and digitakt. But I’m honestly thinking seriously about getting rid of my elektron gear and investing in a bunch of pedals and a 4 track cassette recorder. I’m travelling for 4 months in April and I just fancy a clean out. Ultimately I always come back to the OP1 to make music. It’s just so immediate. I’ve evenue thought about buying a second OP1!

By the way guys if you have a mixture of stereo and mono pedals, how do you go connecting it all up? Leads etc? For example I have Heat which is stereo but a few pedals I’ve been looking at are mono

By the way guys if you have a mixture of stereo and mono pedals, how do you go connecting it all up? Leads etc? For example I have Heat which is stereo but a few pedals I've been looking at are mono

I’d probably put all the mono first, and then the stereo. A lot of stereo pedals can take mono in I think. But live I just run all my pedals mono… a lot of venues are setup in mono anyways… But in the studio can be a different story.

the Count to 5 is awesome…the other pedals I use most with the OP-1 are the Empress EchoSystem (crazy versatile delay) and the Dr. Scientist Bit Quest (multi-effect pedal that can get crazy if you want)

@p0k would love an empress echo or the reverb or the new modular one. That would be a dream team combo. Such good pedals

@hindsite yeah Empress makes great stuff…I’m probably going to get the Reverb at some point, but there are so many good options I’m having trouble deciding :slight_smile: