Gear of the Year 2014

…i have been on the new electribe last week… and, oh boyz i can tell you… this thing is superstoopid sounding device!

menu structure isn’t quite logic and not well made. its more like a preset container and you can tweak the shit out of this pre-shit. Knob Range is for Kidzz.

I don’t like it. for this price i will grab an Ipad mini 2, Korg Gadget and some tweak/Pad midi ctrl. :slight_smile:

today my nano loop 1.7. for my Classic Gameboy and the USB thing arrived. awesome standalone synthesizer over MgB and Oplab usb out.!!!

best thing in my 2014—Machinedrum and his little Input machines!

good to hear about the electribe. was on the fence here…

for me personally it was the purchase of the Nord Drum2. comes with bang on firmware and basically eats RYTM and MD for breakfast sonically (and goes much further)

I’m sequencing it from the OT and can’t recall why I ever wanted the RYTM
HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!

…the Nanoloop 1.7. was a present from a Girl, that iam quite good with.

Yeah patchblocks are pretty darn awesome, though for sheer fun factor I’d have to concur with spacetravelmadeeasy and say the Volca sample, I have the other Volcas which are pretty good, the bass being my least fave, but the Sample is almost for me as fun and enjoyable to play as the Monotribe, and it compliments the Monotribe very well indeed. So much so that I ended up nabbing a second one.

The new electribe is great in some ways too, let down slightly by some unusable samples, a lot of the kick drums are useless to me because they have hihats layered, and some of the other drum sounds are a bit weak, along with some of the instrument samples, the synth engines though are generally pretty good and more flexible than they seem at first glance. The sequencer is very good in some ways, like individual last step, and mute memories, but let down in other ways by lack of edit commands (transpose, time shift, and track level operations) For the money not much to complain about, and hopefully some of the shortcomings will be addressed in the future. I will definitely get the sampler version.

yo some of those things i feel like u can do. transpose = scale on + change scale key. will transpose your patterns.

track level = level knob.
also the kick sounds w/ hats. u could just filter out the highs.
i agree w/ the synth sounds. at first i was lil weary, but now am starting to really get some dope sounds out of it.

also @johnnyego good looks on the NL. i didn’t realize there were some updated softwares for it. got both my nano loops updated (really dig some of the new features), and added mGB and humble tune chord to my NL1.7 for my 2 extra 32k roms.
super dope!

Nanoloop f.t.w.!

super dope sound Nanoloop on original DMG. GB Color sounds more plastic. DMG is quiet Analog Organic! :slight_smile:

…and @docshermsticks. THX for Humble Tune Chord! looks awesome. will load it in and kick out Shitwave! :wink:

this usb thing connector is super tight. Opalb syncs everything still fine.
MidiMachines on the machinedrum still playing crazy chords out of that gameboy and every ctrl parameter is used to let the gameboy where it is!

Is such a tight standalone Synth for about 40 €uro, controllable, org

yea! i just stumbled upon chord yesterday. its pretty neat/different.

heres me setup yesterday. mGB being controlled via lemur app. really fucking awesome. i love getting new gear but in reality its the gear u already owned!

same here…other ways… :slight_smile:

@docshermsticks by track level I did not mean audio volume, but operations at track level, such as shift velocity or gate or timing etc, the transpose using key is not useful for octaves, like say if you want to turn a bassline into a melody by shifting it up a couple octaves. You can do it with the pitch knob (even if they do not show semitones!) but it is not the same, for example if the track is playing a midi device, where that scenario would be no solution.

ah ok i gotcha man! yea i think u can do that in the step editor, but seems kinda arduous.

haha i know i thought they were semitones at first. i think 48 is one octave, and full or 63? is 2 octaves. sometimes it sounds wonky tho.

there are definitely some quirks, i like how some of it is dumbed down, other times not so much