H and R

R spotted yesterday on the wild in Beijing!!

Teenage Engineering Soundsystem live, featuring OP-Z and PO’s KO & Speak

Having trouble uploading the videos, but will keep trying
Teenage Engineering Soundsystem live, featuring OP-Z and PO's KO & Speak

Can you say anything about the PO-KOs functionality? Is it a sampler?

thanks for the photos!!! videos would be insane!!!

Teenage Engineering Soundsystem live, featuring OP-Z and PO's KO & Speak

What an awesome job those guys have! Going round the world playing and showcasing TE gear!

looks like H and R are here in las vegas this week for CES! gonna try to sneak in to see the Baidu booth tomorrow in case i can get some photos in person…

oh yeah, and also on one video report from CES that i saw, they said both units should be available in america in 2018, maybe priced around $300 for H.

I guess they are cool but not really seeing the point, things like Siri, Alexa, etc get old kind of fast once the novelty wears off, at least in my experience.

i’m super excited for R… and integration with the OP-Z. get a few R’s around and sequence them, just can’t wait!

I’m actually quite excited to hear more about R too.

I guess if R had some functions with OP-Z other than just dancing then it could be interesting to me, but so far it is difficult to see what else it can do, I suppose it will have a number of sensors which if could be used for control of OP-Z parameters or something, that could be cool.

To be honest, I’m quite excited at the idea of R simply being an animatronic smart speaker even if it has no interface with OPZ. I’ve got no real need for a smart speaker, but the idea of a cute little robot who can welcome you when you get back from work just seems to appeal to me. I really hope to see a EU / UK release with not too outrageous price tag.

Ha, yeah who doesn’t love a robot :wink: