Has anyone tried connecting a drum pad to the OP-Z to do some pad/finger-drumming playing?

Yes it kind of does, on the edges. But its nice since you can send any cc with pressure and tilt.
I think its firm and sensitive enough for fingerdrumming also.
I managed to make the Qunexus and K board work with the OPZ bytheway. Was just a matter of a different adapter.

you mean both at the same time?

that’s my plan aswell. :slight_smile:

No didnt try both together. And sold the kboard last week, since i can make the qunexus send only ccs with no notemessage through some keys and normal notes on others.
I actually think i tried both together through a hub, but dont remember if i used the right adapter. It works through a daw anyhow ofcourse.

1 Like

ok. as long as i use my raspbi for midi control it should be possible to connect as much KMI controllers the desk has space for. :fire:

1 Like

this.

Hi Johnny,
i just bought a qunexus, i’m a bit surprised by the type of keys, i expected some kind of rubber piano keys but we can’t really push it down like keys. Anyway it seems to work great though.

I was wondering if you can share with us your qunexus settings ? I plan to plug it straight into the op-z (it worked directly when i tried with an usbc-usba, so it’s a good point) but i think it needs some adjustments.
Your expertise is welcome :grin:

it’s great!
the Qunexus cv/gate outputs won’t work directly with the OP-Z as far as I know because it will show up as 3 independent USB interfaces which can’t be recognized by the OP-Z by now.

the workaround is the midi expander which gives direct access to the cv/gate outputs (as seen in the video)

if you just want to connect the Qunexus to control the tracks make sure to set it to channel 1 and also make sure to tickle the midi OP-Z box (channel 1 for track control) if you also want to control parameters with pressure/tilt/velocity keep in mind to set the Qunexus to the right cc output within the editor.

hope that helps :fire:

Thanks for your quick and full answer !
I’ll try that as soon as i got time.
I am really a noob in all that synth and connection world, and it’s really interesting.
Again thank you, and this forum is great !!

1 Like