Headache restoring tape from backup

I’m trying to restore a previous 4 tracks of tape from a Mac (El C), and I’m being met with a "no space on (op-1) drive error. I’ve tried replacing the entire 4 folders, the single “tape” folder, and I get this error. When i tried replacing 1 tape track @ a time, I managed to load 3 of them, but the 4th file triggered the error.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Oh, and I didn’t rename any files in the backup, nor edit them audio-wise; total clone.

empty your trash. plug the OP1 in. what’s in your trashcan?

empty your trash. plug the OP1 in. what's in your trashcan?

I jumped ahead of you, and opened OP to disk, deleted existing tape, EMPTIED TRASH, and that did it. Thanks a million, @eesn.

An aside: When it was I eject the OP-1, it automatically begins a defrag routine. Is this typical?

An aside: When it was I eject the OP-1, it automatically begins a defrag routine. Is this typical?
It might do this in an attempt to align the files so there is enough space between them to write the automatically-growing "regn" chunk that has your takes info. Or it could also be just to ensure the files are continuous, then the OS can make assumptions where the data is and doesn't have to deal with a filesystem at all - just write raw sectors to the AIFFs. Who knows. Makes no sense to defragment flash memory otherwise.