Help me decide, can't get both

So I have a Koma Field Kit FX w/expansion pack on the way. I want some other stuff to go with it and my TE stuff. Can only choose one. Interested in your opinion and wanted to see how to build a poll for the next Battle (planning on presenting that Monday). Thanks!

• Oplab Module
  • Koma Field Kit w/expansion pack

0 voters

I had both the Field kit and the Field kit FX and ended up selling them both. However, they do complement each other, so perhaps try them together and see if they work with your style of making music.

How was the resale value?

and thanks for your reply. I might try both and see what happens. I’m just really really bored with rock and roll and playing the guitar right now. There are so many incredible original musicians just on this website and so much beautiful music out there that I never knew about. I just want to have some fun and NOT play a blues/pentatonic lick on the guitar and NOT sit in front of my computer screen. Know what I mean?

1 Like

Resale value was good, especially considering that I had paid the Kickstarter prices (they were both crowdfunded things in the beginning).

I hear you regarding wanting to find new musical directions. OP-1 was the starting point for me in that regard, when I bought it in 2013.

I guess I thought that the Field Kits would be a good entry point for live audio manipulation with control voltage, but I didn’t really click with them. I suppose something like Make Noise’s Tape & Microsound Music Machine would be more up my alley, but I haven’t been able to justify the investment for myself, at least not yet. =)

I just want both my field kits to get here. Ordered it June 30th and it’s been in Atlanta for like 4 days. It got there on July 2nd so they can’t say it was because of the holiday. I really wish people wouldn’t use the USPS. Nothing but problems every time I deal with them. When I ordered an op-z direct from Sweden it got here quicker than this. Frustrating. You know how it is when you’re waiting for something new and you have GAS. I have to come up with the next Battle anyway so, guess it’s good that it hasn’t arrived yet.

I have 3 different ideas for the next Battle and have to decide which one is best by tonight. I don’t like being indecisive…

In conclusion…

For me personally, I feel like if you own an OP-Z the Oplab module is pretty essential. Make a project on the go, and then bring the OP-Z back to the studio to interface with your less-mobile gear. The Oplab Module really streamlines this process.

Koma Field kit has always been on my wish list too though, so I understand.

I actually have an oplab module coming today and have been reading up on it. I’m trying to figure out the whole firmware thing and if I need to update it when I get it and if it will run on the firmware I have on the op-z (I had to roll back to the previous version to get the app to sync so I could load the newer effects- long story). So yeah, I went a little crazy and just ordered both items (I guess I’ll be eating Ramen for the rest of the month). G.A.S. got me. I also think the oplab will come in handy with the cv inputs on the field kit fx. Also waiting for delivery of an original field kit and a Zoia. Yes, I spent some money. Oops!

I believe the newest oplab firmware makes the oplab do a led animation on powerup so you can tell if it is already installed.

It just did a little blinking thing. I’ve been using it the past two days to send cv to koma field kit fx. It’s blowing my mind. Nothing should be this addictive (and I’m a recovering heroin addict so yes, I do know what I’m talking about). This is just criminal for such a little universal remote-looking piece of plastic to be able to supply this much fun and joy.