Help! op1 not charging :/

Op1 won’t charge…

Haven’t used it in a month or so, battery was almost drained last time I did. So I’m guessing it fully drained. No Led activity when plugged in. Just the normal audible ‘click’ when connect.

When disconnected i can press ‘com’ and power up and access the TE boot screen. But I have some recent presets and tape stuff I don’t want to lose by choosing factory reset etc unless total last resort.

I’ve read a few posts and followed some of those suggestions. Plugged in for 3 hours, disconnect for 3 seconds, plug in again… Tried this a few times yesterday and also connected overnight and tried again this morning. No charging LEDs…

I’ve read some people have needed to charge for 2 days+ before it jumped back to life. Is this still a method worth trying? If so I’ll stop trying the ‘every few hours’ suggestion and leave it alone for a couple days…

Is all this gonna have any effect on my battery? It was in great shape til now, hardly used before and I always looked after it. Gonna suck if this means less battery life in future :frowning:

Thanks!

Anyone able to help out with advice on this?

Curious to know how many people have had to leave it charging longer than 8 hours… And if leaving longer has worked?

Also curious to hear if factory reset has often fixed the issue? And whether I’m likely to have enough battery to even do that? I don’t wanna start a reset and then it die part way through the process and cause worse problems :confused:

Any advice much appreciated.
Thanks

Not really an advice, but I think your firmware is busted (the bootloader is ok). If factory reset does not help then you probably should reinstall the firmware.

@punji said:
Not really an advice, but I think your firmware is busted (the bootloader is ok). If factory reset does not help then you probably should reinstall the firmware.

Thanks :slight_smile: What’s the general recommendation to try first? factory reset or load latest firmware? I was still on the most recent beta til now.

Thanks

Bit the bullet. Factory reset then latest firmware. All good and full battery.

Memory was totally full of user patches before so it’s actually kinda nice to be forced in to a clean slate. I have most of them backed up but filling it up again from scratch appeals atm :slight_smile:

Good! When did you buy your OP-1? I have this feeling that newer units are more prone to this issue, like a bad batch of flash memory chips where used that are more susceptible to decay errors.

i remember that old thread we had where everyone reported their S/N date
most ppl w older units had almost no issues knocks on wood
while newer units was not the same unfortunately

Think mine’s a little over a year and half old. It’s working good as new again now so hopefully it was just a one-off… Probably try not to let the battery fully drain again in future though :wink:

Can heat effect this kind of stuff? Been really hot in my house recently…

I’m starting to wonder if I have somehow developed a similar issue. ?
New out of box as of yesterday, the charging lights repeatedly advanced up whilst charging. I updated the firmware this morning from 220 to 225 and now the unit doesn’t seem to be charging (leds only advance once when initially plugged in, then nothing). Should I try a factory reset & try reloading the latest firmware?

@ArtPunk said:
New out of box as of yesterday, the charging lights repeatedly advanced up whilst charging. I updated the firmware this morning from 220 to 225 and now the unit doesn’t seem to be charging (leds only advance once when initially plugged in, then nothing). Should I try a factory reset & try reloading the latest firmware?

That just means the battery is full

@Derne_Hahl said:

@ArtPunk said:

That just means the battery is full

But when I press the help button to check the charge only two leds are green?

OK, did a factory reset and battery now shows fully charged, not sure what was going on beforehand. Thanks @Derne_Hahl ?

Yeah, there is something with new units needing to have the indicator calibrated, can’t remember the exact procedure, but it sounds like it should be set now.