How are you setting up your OP1 with the OPZ?

I would hate to route the Z through the 1’s mono input and lose stereo.

And I don’t want to compromise the OP1s stereo output either…if they want people to buy both you;d think they would have sorted an elegant way of doing this.

I was bugged about this but only briefly. If I really need full stereo I’m probably in my studio and can just record each part separately. If I’m out and about having fun alone or with friends, I don’t really care about stereo because I’m not trying to produce records, just having fun making music. If I’m out and for whatever reason I need more stereo field in my life I’ll put the OP-1 away.

Probably the best solution is a small 4 track field recorder. This could also serve as an battery powered interface for your laptop or tablet.

something like a zoom H6 or an H5 with EXH-6 Combo Capsule wich both set you back around 300€

I guess I just start to worry whenever things go from stereo to mono due to phasing issues. It just shocks me that TE doesn’t have a solution to use these machines in concert, to their fullest ability. Hopefully there will be an OP1 update that would allow for it to be the master, without using a click track? AKA connecting the 1 to the Z with just one cable, saving each stereo out. > @boomerjackson said:

I was bugged about this but only briefly. If I really need full stereo I’m probably in my studio and can just record each part separately. If I’m out and about having fun alone or with friends, I don’t really care about stereo because I’m not trying to produce records, just having fun making music. If I’m out and for whatever reason I need more stereo field in my life I’ll put the OP-1 away.