How many times have you bought an OP-1?

i sang along with just one op-1 for a couple of years and still in honeymoon.

i was an absolute stranger to music but the new world i explored with her point of view was so sleek and beautiful.

the liberation of limitation…

i think op-1 is a good gear not only for the professional but also for a beginner. she isn’t overwhelming, obtrusive, intimidating.

3 Likes

I’ve been without an OP for quite some time, i’m so overjoyed to have found a new one just in time for the new amazing update!

1 Like

I’m also in the bought two, one new, one used, never sold either, rarely use together camp :smile:

1 Like

I’m on my third! Had it just a few weeks. Bought it new from Thomann for £900. I had a small bit of money come to me after my Dad died, so I felt I could justify spending a chunk on an OP-1.

I guess I got the first one new when they first came out. 2nd one I bought 2nd hand sometime in the middle. Sold both on eBay after a while to fund other purchases. Think I sold the 2nd one for more than I paid for it. I do tend to buy and sell a bit to distil down to just a few bits of gear that work for me.

I’m enjoying the OP-1 for the third time, but I find the fact that you can only play/sequence one instrument at a time so frustrating… Still, it’s fun and I like playing with it.

I’m a bit of a minimalist with gear, but my other main bits of gear are Poylend Tracker, OP-Z, ModelCycles, Norns Shield, old pocket computers, tape recorders etc. I rarely make full tracks, but sometimes bung stuff on instagram as @timbient

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss.

1 Like

bought my OP1 9 years ago! it will stay. It’s the best thing, forever.

1 Like

1 time 8 years ago.
And I will never sell it.

1 Like

@JohnnyEgo
@fallen_lassen

But if yours died completely would you buy another or move on?

2 Likes

I would buy a new one.

1 Like

somehow, I would immediately get a new one

1 Like

This thread has made me buy my first OP-1.
So fuckin excited.

5 Likes

I had one at the very beginning of the year, but returned it after a week. Just figured it was so expensive and I could do most of the tasks on GarageBand.

The past month I’ve been getting the itch again to get another one, so I’m saving up and planning to get my second attempt with an OP-1 in the next couple weeks I hope.

one time, to the grave club over here as well :coffin:

Just bought it again today

1 Like

I bought it twice. First one I had to sell when I was broke, but immediately regretted it.

1 Like

bought a used one in '17 and never looked back.

I’m at my 4th.

I bought a new one from Thomann years ago, ended up selling it because I was stupid.
Bought a second hand one after. Sold it because I needed the cash and wasn’t using it that much.
Bought a third one from TE, and I returned it because I had buyers remorse(too freaking expensive) and also it was a V2. Speaker was crap, line input and output was super weak. Screen was nicer though.

Now I have a 4th one which I bought at 700EUR SEALED. A lady had it from Amazon Mystery Box. I have no invoice but fuck it, at that price it is a V2, sealed, and it has a better speaker.

Problem is I also bought an M8 Tracker and it does everything I did with the OP-1 better. Hmm… fucking GAS

Is there a difference in quality between the same V2… :roll_eyes:

I’m in exactly the same boat. My new one is arriving on Tuesday, and I can’t wait!

Had mine forever. Selling it is unthinkable.

If it broke I’d be on ifixit.com that instant, ordering parts. If the dsp board failed I guess I’d be out a million billion dollars or whatever a new OP-1 would set me back these days.