I HAVE QUESTIONs ABOUT OP1

i just got mine and i am a bit of an idiot with technology. I know it is supposed to be easy….

Am I to understand that i won’t be able to loop while playing? I have to tape every sound I want to use?
There’s no way to play the drums and the synth at the same time without taping a track to play with?

I dont think anyone would say the op1 is “easy” maybe accessible… All of the looping functionality is when using the tape machine. however you can have several layers running on the tape and sequence one of the sequencers to the tape and tweak that sound until you wish to record it to tape, album, sampler etc.

there is no way to have both the drum sequencer and the synth sequencer running at the same time.

Alot of us love the OP1 for its limitations. it makes us think in creative ways and the op1 works in such a “modular” nature that you can accomplish almost any crazy idea you have in your head. I personally refer to it as a musical sketchpad!

Treat it like an instrument and you will master it in a couple of years.

practicepracticepractice
1 Like

You could sample both drums and synth notes into one drum patch to play/sequence them simultaneously, but I don’t know why anyone would want to do that. It would be really limiting, and you’d be tied to the same FX/LFO.

THIS IS BRILLIANT!!! I AM DOING THIS.

LOL