iConnectaudio 4+/KMI K-Mix opinions? Any owners?

The Multimix 12 is getting old, but it can record up to 14 tracks simultaneously on the PC, which is relly cool to capture a session :) Plus you have 4 outs + 2 mono FX sends... And EQ, volume sliders... As cheap as it is, it has served me well for 8 years now.

Nowadays I feel the need for a proper way to route audio signals without unplugging everything, but this looks like a patchbay, no ?
Maybe it’s the fact that you have everything within the ICA4 that makes it interesting… But 4 INs is not enough for my needs :smiley:

How is the latency on the Multi Mix? Anything with a Direct/recorded mix knob is a no for me. I need low latency without switching to direct monitoring.

@Virtual_Flannel it’s short enough for me.

The latency depend of the number of tracks you record at once. For my usual needs, I set 5 ms.
But I don’t use the computer as an instrument, just for recording.

Now it’s been 8 years old or so, so they may be better solutions out there.
I just wanted to tell you that this solution of a mixer that records all tracks at the same time is very attractive : if I had to change it, I would look for something similar I guess. This one is cheap at least.
What I really like is the fact that you can use it as an audio mixer during live performance, or as a multi-track recorder.

About the direct/recorded knob question : the signal that is sent to the computer is affected by the track fader. But I don’t see the link with the latency.
Check SOS review to get more info, maybe.

@Virtual_Flannel it's short enough for me.
The latency depend of the number of tracks you record at once. For my usual needs, I set 5 ms.
But I don't use the computer as an instrument, just for recording.

Now it's been 8 years old or so, so they may be better solutions out there.
I just wanted to tell you that this solution of a mixer that records all tracks at the same time is very attractive : if I had to change it, I would look for something similar I guess. This one is cheap at least.
What I really like is the fact that you can use it as an audio mixer during live performance, or as a multi-track recorder.

About the direct/recorded knob question : the signal that is sent to the computer is affected by the track fader. But I don't see the link with the latency.
Check SOS review to get more info, maybe.

Cool, thanks @LyingDalai I think maybe I’ll look into there newer Mackies with built in interfaces.

Reviving this thread to see if there are any new updates. I am considering a move to iPad based audio recording/production from an old PowerMac G5. Just too much effort to record for only a short time here or there. I saw a KMix video where they seemed to be recording to an iPad, but don’t see any official support for it. And the iConnect4Audio seems to be a good fit for recording.

The KMix is just Mac only at the moment isn’t it?

I own an iConnect4Audio. Pretty much plug in and play out the box. You can install the software(mixer) on your computer if you want.
The box itself is well built and the sound is good too. Having had a good few audio boxes over the years from E-MU/Roland/Edirol i’d rate this as the best so far experienced.

Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it

I picked up a K-Mix but haven’t tried it with iOS yet. Supposedly you can multitrack directly into iPad DAW apps, which would be super handy.

I picked up a Kmix. Have it hooked up to an iPad pro via USB3 hub going into new CCK. 4 stereo ins, works great. Have 6 USB midi devices connected to the hub as well :slight_smile:

So it has individual inputs over USB that will go into individual tracks in DAW? Sounds like it may be an ideal purchase for my monomachine/nanoloop setup…

Yeah exactly.