Import a loop in a chromatic synth track ( Pitch/tempo problem)

Hy guys …i ‘m looking for help …
I saved my own Sample /loop From Logic x pro in one of the synth free trak on the op z ( in the bass track ) …it works fine …( 44,100 ,16 bit aiff …in A key , thanks again gero for the script to convert the rights markers on the aiff files) …
I be got just one problems and I d like to know if it s normal or I can do smth about it …

The sample work fine …chromatically correct but if I play the sample on a higher octave or simply another higher or lower note the tempo/pitch change with …so its changeds chromatically and the speed of the loop …is that normal??
I tried to create my loop without the tempo metadata infos …but its seems not working…
Anyone an idea ??
Thanks a lot …

Hello Zotomek,

yes, it’s kinda normal because the main technique to alter a sample’s pitch is to speed it up (pitch up) or down (pitch down). It’s just how mangling audio files to track notes work :slight_smile: (and, more in general, how audio works: A4 it’s 440 hz - 440 cycles per second - while A5 it’s 880 hz - 880 cycles per second, i.e. double speed!)
Ableton Simpler and some others samplers has ways to alter a sample’s pitch maintaining its lenght, but it’s not that common (because it implies a quite accurate algorithm, I suppose, but that’s not my ballpark).

tl;dr
Yes, moving a loop’s pitch up or down in the op-z and other samplers will alter its pitch, it’s perfectly normal; but you can do fun things with it!

1 Like

Thanks Carlos …really usefull your explanation …i’ ll simply have a fun with it !!!

1 Like